Zuki........I have done my share of charity work many many times performing for FREE for certain organizations...& yes I can toot my horn because I paid my dues many many times over during my 40 years of playing out.
If you can endure lugging your gear around 3 or 4 x a day setting up, driving to & fro maybe after 40 years in the business you can also go for the gold. By you low balling the competition your actually ruining it for everyone else...if your better then the rest you should get more money then the bad ones ....if you get 50 what do they get? Years ago we had union rates that were strictly enforced to keep everyone above water....but now we have everyone and their sister playing for squat & worse just to work.....so then when a good act comes around no one wants to pay.
If people are "honest" with me when contracting work I will bend the rates a bit....but if they cry the blues on price then have the party at big million dollar Country Club I tell to go get someone else.
Every one wants a break, dont be a schnook yur smarter then that.....get what your worth my friend. There's too many fish in the sea

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-08-2008).]