If the Mediastation is that damn good then why do they insist on putting shite sounds in it and demos on the web site all the time.
It's been almost a year since I had mine and no advancement in the sounds or styles has happened at all. Dom you promised me that the styles would be amazing by last December and you tried telling me that by having a refund I would be missing out on all of this marvellous technology, new sounds available, new styles with live audio etc, being able to load styles from any other keyboard manufacturer.......... I've missed out on nothing at all.
It really makes my arse laugh reading all of this tripe about 3gb piano sample sounds being better than anyone elses. I have heard the 3gb in the Mediastation and it is nothing special. The Tyros 2 piano is also nothing special until you edit it.
The size of the samples makes no difference if the quality isn't there to match it.
I'd rather have small quality usable samples anyday than gigantic ones with no quality that just take up bags of hard drive space.
I've said it before on here, the Mediastation has bags of potential for studio and recording use but it is certainly NOT an arranger keyboard and never will be.
As for it's looks, it's quite heavy, the key action was reasonable very similar to a FATAR master kayboard, wobbly sliders and cheap rubber push buttons that remind me of my calculator and Dom thinks the T2 is a plastic toy. It's sad when someone has to moan about the looks of other keyboards and still has to have a go at me just because he sold me a bag of shit.
Do you see the likes of Yamaha, Roland and Korg on here stating oh deary me the Tyros 2 looks all plasticy? of course you don't because they have better things to do with their time like consentrating on good marketing and providing customers with quality machines that work - you should try it Dom.
I only use VST and Giga along with the likes of cubase, reason, pro tools, cakewalk and loads of others for doing professional backing tracks. There's no way you can use a style in any arranger keyboard that can match the song 100% so I simply create a song from scratch. VST and Giga are just other resources available to me, they are not the best thing since sliced bread though.
Each to their own at the end of the day, make music on whatever you've got and love it