Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:

This is just geting silly. The size of the rom used in samples is not as significant as what the sound engineer does with the sample rom.

"If you cant make a great piano sound with 32megabytes then you wont be able to with 32 gigabytes ....." read the article below and dont try and convince me that the size of the rom used makes the mediastation or wersi sound better than my PAX or the T2. My ears will tell me that !

Being a recording engineer I understand what you are stating but there is no way a 32 MB sample that is well recorded is going to blow away a 3 GB sample that is also well recorded. Don't get me wrong, I've recorded and sampled many sounds with just a few MB that are great but given the opportunity to record the same samples with longer sample times and higher sample rates will yield better results.

I think many people are missing the point when it comes to the Wersi, Lionstracs, and other open ended systems. These systems are exactly what you make them and can be as good as you want. If the drum sounds you heard from the Wersi were "thin and cheap" then you must not have heard the instrument in person. Listen to the GIGA library, AKAI Library, and drum sounds for the MPC3000 and MPC4000. Do you think those sounds are thin and cheap? These are the exact same sounds you can play on the Wersi or Mediastation. Try loading a GB of the best drum or keyboard sounds you've heard into your T2 or PA1X. That won't happen because its not possible but with the Wersi and Mediastation it is!

Personally it bothers me to see others post negative comments about instruments they've never seen or played in person. Just because a manufacturer can make a great online demo doesn't mean their instrument is better. Sure Yamaha, Roland, and Korg's demo's are often great but when I played these instruments in person they didn't make me want to sell my Wersi or Mediastation.

As I stated in a previous post I wish Wersi and Lionstracs would make better demo's but even at that MP3's are the worst way to show off a keyboards potential due to MP3's poor audio quality.