Hi Ensnareyou. First let me eat some humble pie .

I had listened only to the official Wersi demos from their website and from Abacus and have never heard a Wersi in person. If i have given that impression i apologise.

Second,if you read the article i posted you will see that making a great piano sound for example is more than just how well the raw data is sampled which is why a well sound engineered 32 megabyte sampled piano can sound better than a 3 Giga byte sampled piano. But thats your job so i wont pretend to tell you how its done.

Last bit of humble pie. I listened again to the zip file Abacus kindly posted and listened hard to the styles labelled "Real" in particular the drum kits. They do sound much better than the stock kits but still only on par with what i can hear from the PA1X and the Ketron. Yamaha have always been weaker in the drum department.

I have read Abacus's reports on the Blackpool music festival and i read last years report too . I really appreciate the depth that abacus goes into with each report and respect his opinion. They just arnt always the same as mine but i accept he has actually heard them all live and i have not.

I have asked the Wersi dealer in Boston to send me a CD of the Wersi and they promised me that they would. I wont be driving to Boston from Birmingham on the strength of what i have heard so far but i promise i will report back when i have had a chance to hear the CD. I know its not the same as hearing the thing in person but the same can be said for any instrument. I am keen to hear something great from the Wersi camp .

I hope that no one has taken offence at my posts , ( i know you are cool with this Abacus) i know how personal an instrument is to a musician but if an honest opinion is asked for ,especially in a forum like this, thats exactly what will be given.

Anyway i have posted more in the last 6 days than i have in the last 6months so i will sit back and relax for a while until another intersting debate comes up

Best wishes

Worth

Hopefullyothers who have heard the Wersi or Mediastation in real life will chip in and sing its praises too.