Hello Spalding
Sorry for not pointing out it was Boston in the UK. (About 100 miles I think)
Although I now live in Torquay, I am originally from the Black Country, (Right next door to you) and I can assure you that coming from there, I call a spade a spade, (Not some Politically correct rubbish) so don’t worry about saying what you feel about the sounds.
All the sounds I have posted have been just of the OAS 6 instruments, as most people want to hear what the instruments sound like, rather then what you can add.
If you listen to the demos from the Zip file, you will notice that a some say “Real” before them, the drums on these demos are a wav file recording, (Part of all OAS instruments) of a Real Drummer playing Real Drums, and then looped to create a style, so if they sound thin, try them on a different sound system, to see if you still get the same effect.
As far as the style makeup goes, if you read my previous posts, I have always said that the Wersi styles up to OAS 6 are weak.
There are as yet no official OAS 7 demos available, the ones on the Austrian Web site are there own, and recorded at such a low bit rate, that you would get just as good a sound on an old Harmonium. (Not withstanding the poor quality of the recordings)
OAS 7 is so different to OAS 6 in sound quality that a meaningful comparison would be like taking the difference between Tyros 1 and Tyros 2, doubling it, and then doubling it again.
Apart from the Mediastation, I and others have been able to make direct comparisons of the different boards at various keyboard Festivals, and this is what I base my personal opinions on. (To see my reports on the last 2 Festivals, just search Synth Zone for Blackpool and Caister)
I have included my final personal keyboard conclusion (Taken from the Blackpool Report) below.
Best Sound Quality; Wersi OAS 7
Best Styles; Yamaha Tyros 2
Best Mainstream Keyboard; Korg PA1X Pro
Most Disappointing; Roland E80 and Ketron SD5
Hope this clarifies a few things.

Bill

BTW I play a Wersi OAS 6 instrument, (originally it was running OAS 4) and although not perfect, none of the new boards, have come anywhere close, to make me consider changing.