Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
the Wersi doesnt sound that hot either. Liontracs is a great concept but the delivery is very very disappointing in terms of sound quality, styles and just the way the instruments sound so unbalanced. Ireally wish Dom all the best with the keyboard but it is obviously not inm the same league as the T1 let alone the T2 or the Pax. They may be "closed systems" but i dont mind being locked in when they sound so good.

I own both the Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and the Lionstracs Mediastation X-76 and I can assure you that the sound quality of both instruments is far superior to the T1, T2, PA1X, and any other arranger I have heard to date. The Piano sound on my X-76 uses nearly 3 Gigabytes of RAM and it's stunning. My drum kit utilizes over 300 MB alone for its sounds. In fact most of the sounds I use on my Wersi and Mediastation use more RAM than all the sound ROM combined from the T1, T2, and the PA1X. If you think that these other arrangers sounds can be as good with a fraction of the sound ROM you'd be mistaken. Yes, Wersi and Lionstracs should work on providing better demo's so people can truly hear what these great instruments can do but for those who have heard them in person, it doesn't take much to realize the sound quality is superior.

I love the fact these instruments are open ended and that I can utilize them for exactly what I do or don't want. I'm not locked in to what some manufacturer says I need or want. The Wersi and Lionstracs are expensive but given their sound, expandability, and OS support, its money well spent.