Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Or is this all just tech talk and little else?

Just talk... The GEM Genesys is no more open than a T3

Once more, only the fanboys with no experience at all are praising these things, while those that DO have them (and sell them) give the ACTUAL skinny on whether the 'potential' lives up to real world expectations.

So far, we have heard from Dennis about the many problems using the MS live, and then we haven't heard anything but pretty naff demos from those that aren't as prepared to criticize their own leap of faith, and blame their sucky music on the tool they chose to execute it on

Personally, I have absolutely NO doubt whatsoever that this tiny handful of members here that ARE willing to demonstrate how bad the MS sounded in THEIR hands would produce something FAR more professional if they had chosen a T3/PA2X/E80 instead. None whatsoever.

Sucking has got a LOT more to do with the keyboard you use than you are willing to admit, genesys... If it STARTS OUT with a shitty soundset and shitty styles, and you have to do everything yourself just to get it to sound on a par with a T3 OOTB, you had BETTER be one of those handful of players worldwide that IS capable of voicing a TOTL arranger, and capable of making your own styles as good as the TOTL arrangers' ROM styles.

Somehow, I don't see you as one of those people... Your choice of a closed keyboard shows you already acknowledge that you can't do it yourself. Why do you keep attacking me when I ask for the very thing that WOULD make using an open keyboard possible for you? It's not like I'm asking for them to DROP the open features... just START OUT with an already balanced and comprehensive sound and style set a la PA2/T3, and THEN add the open features. And 'keep it simple, stupid'! Live, the speed and ease of doing anything has EVERYTHING to do with whether you suck onstage or not. A great player can't PLAY his way out of not being able to get to a parameter he wants in sufficient time to use it...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-28-2009).]