Once again, the argument divides into those that see all the 'potential' in the product, and those that want that potential realized as 'proof of concept', at least to a certain degree...

Everyone ignored my comments about marketing the thing (funny how everyone likes to take bits and pieces of what I write and ignore the more inconvenient parts!). Let's face it, Neko and Lionstracs are tiny niche products in a MUCH larger market. But that much larger market is still a TINY industry. To be successful, to grow and compete, to assure your customers that you'll be around for years, making improvements to existing models, coming out with new groundbreaking stuff, first you have to SUCCEED. Or you end up like Wersi, who have been in and out of bankruptcy more times than their customers ought to feel comfortable with...

And, as those companies that ARE successful have proved, you don't succeed by putting a model on the store shelf that sounds like ass, and telling your customers 'Oh no... in YOUR hands it'll be the most amazing thing you ever heard!'

Can you IMAGINE the sales of the MoXS without well developed sounds (just give them the raw waveforms, let them make all the patches from scratch) and professionally created arps and loops (everybody that buys it is going to be a star programmer, anyway ).

Look, I 'GET' what Lionstracs are all about... Trouble is, the largest part of their target demographic DOESN'T. And even fewer of those that seem to understand what the Groove is about actually have the skills (no shortage of those that THINK they do, until they actually get one - eh, MS owners? ) to realize its' potential.

The SUCCESSFUL keyboard manufacturers have already figured this one out... if you DON'T provide a lot of high quality content, you are going to sell very few units. Just exactly how many different things is Dom going to make before he wakes up and realizes that PERHAPS they are successful BECAUSE they have this figured out...?