Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
James is right.., the concept behind this Groove box is what's really the key here. I can't even count the number of times I've heard people say they want a keyboard where they have the option of wiping everything out and adding all the things they want.

As James stated the success of this new instrument for Dom will be in the stability of the OS and how well she plays with all the programs out there.

Here's my question though.., given the conversion to US currency (as is out of the box).., which one currently offers more for the price to the buyer.., The NeKo EX-5 or LT Groove..??? The Neko ships with already known and well trusted applications out of the box.

Based on the price conversion provided by James the Neko EX-5 is almost $500 cheaper.

Sqk

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-22-2009).]

And also do not forget Stephen Kay has also ported the great Karma software for the Open Labs products as well.

Thats a huge advantage, and its cheaper too!! and running Windows 7 (which is brilliant by the way), awesome.

Not mention the ease with which one can integrate thousands of existing programs and software arrangers. If one were to go down the path of a 61 note open keyboard, the Open Labs have anything Lionstracs can throw at it well covered.

Karma is something Lionstracs can only "dream about and droll over".

So far as fas as I am concerned, all that happened is a change of skin. Still a sheep in wolfs clothing. JMO