Look, I'm talking about keyboards of ANY kind... I don't care whether it's open or closed. I know for a FACT (having been in retail many times) that the included sounds SELL the product. Whether open or closed, that simple fact doesn't change.

You MIGHT have noticed that Muse sell pre-loaded, pre-voiced and setup versions of their products. Even THEY seem to have grasped the concept that a Receptor in a store with the sounds and setups already loaded is going to sell the unit better than an empty one

What seems to be more worrying is that, although what I say seems to be shot down as 'my opinion only', little attention is payed to the fact that what YOU say is only YOUR opinion, also. No more facts (in fact, less) than mine. How something SELLS is the final arbiter of whether the general buying public 'get' your concept. And closed, well voiced and contented keyboards of ANY kind (including 'open' keyboards) sell FAR better than empty shells you have to stock yourself. Of course, that's only the CUSTOMERS opinion... and what do THEY know, anyway?!

The day more Neko's, or Receptors, or V-Machines are sold than MoXS's or M3, come back and tell me my 'opinion' is just that...

Quote:
I can't even count the number of times I've heard people say they want a keyboard where they have the option of wiping everything out and adding all the things they want.

There's the rub... they want the OPTION to wipe what they don't want. Bet your sweet ass they want to keep what is GOOD in there to start with, though.

Quote:
@Diki: Do you know how many free vst's sound better then any of current Total arrangers ?

The day I hear ANYONE post a style demo here done with anything 'open' that beats a T3 or PA2Xpro, etc., you will be able to make that point. Until then, they only have the 'potential' that no-one has yet realized, which beggars the question (one more time!)... just how GOOD do you have to be to be able to realize this potential? Doesn't appear to be ANYONE on this forum that can do it. Do we ALL suck, or is it harder than we dream?

I keep trying to make this point, and no-one EVER answers it... If you aren't ALREADY making great, better than 'closed' ROM arranger styles on the arranger you already have (and let's hear 'em if you think you DO ), what on EARTH makes you think that you can do it on an 'open' keyboard that is even HARDER to do it on? You would think, from all the posts promoting this and the MS that this forum is a hotbed of TOTL style creators and synth voicers. Mysteriously NO-ONE posts anything that proves it, mind you...

I know it's great to dream. But sooner or later, you have to wake up to what your capabilities actually ARE... Prove them to yourself on the gear you already have, THEN go and buy something even more complex. If what you make on your closed gear is at least as good as the factory stuff, that is...