Heehee, I never imagined my "Lyin' Eyes" song rendition would have stirred so much interest & debate. Because I don't have songwriting aspirations, I instead, view myself as a song 'stylist', looking to interpret familiar songs differently than the original.

I realize that the original Eagles delivery took a more cynical attitude of the girl with 'lyin' eyes'. I on on the other hand, opted to deliver a more wistful (sad) view of her situation. To me, a song's lyrics (and how it's delivered) is equally important (and sometimes more so) than even the melody line. How you phrase a song can COMPLETELY CHANGE the meaning of a song, and this is where lyric interpretation can be so powerful.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who responded to this thread. It's obvious that people here aren't afraid to share their strong opinions. I read 'everyones' replies carefully and applied what seemed 'valid' to me, to come up with my second 'Lyin Eyes' rendition. I only hope that candidly honest (yet supportively constructive) replies are given to others that post their music here too, as well as any future song postings I make. What makes this forum unique is the diversity of musical styles & tastes among the membership.

Scott