Wrong, on so many counts, Ian...

I have long told you that there is much I admire about Yamaha arrangers, and that its' sound would be the perfect compliment to certain types of gigs, that SA2 technology is amazing, Mega Voices raise the bar for style accuracy, Guitar NTT's make strummed and picked parts way more realistic, and the list goes on and on.

I have also said many times I would buy an S910 76 in a flash... I don't get where you think I am so anti-Yamaha. If I wouldn't buy one even if they DID make a 76, I certainly wouldn't go through this painful process with you...

There is no-one at Roland posting publicly on any forum about arrangers that I know about, or trust me, he would be getting the FULL benefit of my writing! But you have chosen to be the public apologist for Yamaha Corporation, so you get the benefits that accrue with that mantle.

I guess the difference between us is that, if there were something that you wanted Roland Corp. to do, and it didn't impact what I needed from them, I would join in and AGREE with you, and be as frustrated that your needs were being ignored. I have NEVER felt that everything Roland do is just peachy perfect, and anyone wanting something they don't do is an idiot. I get that impression from you constantly...

I might also add that before ANY new feature is added to an arranger, there is someone crying out for that feature, and there is someone else saying that feature is totally unnecessary. But AFTER that feature is added, mysteriously, its' detractors suddenly turn out to be not NEARLY so concerned about it. In fact, many adopt it enthusiastically...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, the mouse gets eaten by the owl. I know you are getting frustrated by my single-minded emphasis on this issue, but has it ever occurred to you that your rabid defense of the defenseless position is what perpetuates this discussion..? By positioning yourself as the Yamaha apologist and defender of the faith, you automatically make yourself the target of whoever has issues with Yamaha's illogical decision to ignore this market segment, or any other Yamaha niggles, to be honest.

But, were you simply to show some sympathy, some empathy, and leave excusing Yamaha's policies to Yamaha, this back and forth would have quit ages ago. You'd like to see a newer, better G series, I'd like to see a newer, better G series... not really all that much to get worked up about. But were I to take you to task for wanting something Roland are not doing, and coming up with transparently false 'reasons' to justify their actions (all the while, you know I don't REALLY have any inside knowledge anyway), and that might be a recipe for the same thing going on here.

While Yamaha continue to make 76 arrangers, but refuse to allow their TOTL technology to be used by them, I guarantee I will continue to berate them for doing this. And I am doing so because I WANT ONE!