There's altogether WAY too much time and effort here spent on trying to address soundset issues on one keyboard alone. JMO, but I simply don't believe that, if you need a good well rounded sound selection to cover acoustic AND electronic textures, you simply aren't going to find it in any ONE keyboard. Playing out live, if you want to only use one arranger/WS/whatever, is going to involve a fair bit of compromise. Accepting that we ARE compromising is the hard part! We all think that what WE bought is the best possible solution, and in a way it is. But it is a solution to a slightly different problem to everyone else. So we ALL (or most of us!) have the BEST solution. Just not the same

But if you are recording, or playing at a level where the necessity of TOTL performance outweighs the inconvenience of carting multiple keyboards, you HAVE to use several different keyboards. No one makes ANYTHING that covers it all at the highest level. Sadly, as I have mentioned often, arrangers are the LEAST capable of any keyboard type to integrate with each other. For God knows what reason, no two manufacturers use the same MIDI codes to talk to each other, so we are left with HAVING to compromise, sometimes severely.

If they did, I would definitely gig with at least two, and maybe three arrangers and weight be damned. I would sound like a band! Right now, part of my palette sounds great, some not so great. As sadly, if we could just accept it, do we all...

I honestly believe the most revolutionary thing we could ask for on an arranger is not loops, arps, Guitar Modes, audio loops or anything like that. It would simply be a standardized set of MIDI codes so that one arranger could control another from a different manufacturer. Then let us shore up the holes in our soundsets with other arrangers with stronger sounds (but holes of their own)....