Hi Lee,
me too.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a simple solution for converting Tyros to Korg
PERFECTLY. Notes can be converted ( even the fret & strum noises in the mega voice guitars) can be used with a rx guitar sound.

I find the hardest part is trying to get a drum track to match up. The sounds are different, the mapping to a certain extent is different, & the drum velocities differ. Unfortunately tweaking drums takes me far too much time, I'm lousy at it.

Even if I play a T series style on my PSR1500, it still seems to need a certain amount of tweaking.

Meanwhile I've got a bit of method behind my madness. If I'm looking for a style & not sure which ones are suitable, I do a quick conversion via EMC, then if I find a suitable one , (and EMC's messed it up,) I convert it manually via midi to style using OMB or XGWorks or a mix of both.

Actually be fascinated to know why some T3 styles are a hassle & supposedly won't work with OMB & XG works or earlier model PSR's without a conversion process.
Wondering if it's the new guitar setting, though from what I've read it's more to do with a note transposition setting function rather than something along the lines of Korgs Guitar Mode.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by leeboy:
[B]

I wish someone would write a program to convert Yamaha (especially tyros) styles to PA..that worked PERFECTLY. It could be done. EMC sure does not do it!

Really the only thing I am missing is the song specific styles from the vast Yamaha world. BUT, at this point I am not willing to give up all the great features of the PA to get them.

Lee

best wishes
Rikki
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/PA800_StyleMaking/?yguid=69517899

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-09-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022