Quote:
Originally posted by MusiCo:
Dnj,
I mainly make my own styles, plain and simple. All those parts in a style are only useable if you don't play too much melody yourself. It all clouds up the sound by hearing drums, bass and 6 different instruments playing different patterns and layering your own lively playing upon that. In such a mix, the soundquality of the leadsounds is hugely diminished by the blurr of the parts because they are often in the same range as the lead instruments(a good mixer knows what I'm talking about).
Here also the lack of a 5-band EQ per part is in play !
Try it, and you'll notice that by turning parts of and keeping the accompaniment "realistic,tidy and clean", you're going to free the leadsounds. The SA2 saxophone for instance sounds great solo, but in blend with the styles, you don't hear the fine nuances anymore. T3 is not the only kb I use, I use it mostly for it's sounds and for (custom)styles.

BTW : the point of improvement I ment is primarily in the versatility of the styles : I don't want a machine packed full of styles only applicabele to 1 specific song. Secondary the T3 would sound alot better OTB if the OTS's would not have all of the parts activated.

I disagree on your remark making it sound like the only distinguishing point of the T3 is it's complex styles : I think the styles are nothing special the competition can't match.

You should have bought a Motif or Korg PA2x.
The TYROS is definitely not for you or anyone else who has the same needs.

I had the opposite issue with the Korg and bought the Tyros becasue I did not need to tweak as much. However you can insert a r or L part into the final mix and have ALL the EQ available.

Definitely more of a Studio/Home Box than live though, The Korg has LIVE USE all over it. Not so the T3. We record tracks and take the tracks and the RD700 and guitar on gigs and leave the T3 home. Going to pick up a module for right hand solos other than piano. Not worth lugging the T3 around for that.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA