Quoting Musico:

"EQ :
Yamaha could have made the T3 sound FAR better if every part would have it's own 5-range EQ : the overall EQ is a 5 range, but on a part (left,right1,right2,etc) you only get a 2-range EQ, aka bass/treble. For someone who wants to get the most out of the tyros, this absolutely stands in the way ! This is IMO related to the complaints about the concert grand sound not matching the demo's"

It's true the individual voices have a treble/bass EQ but it doesn't have to stop there. Three band EQ's are available in the DSP section and you can assign them to as many voices as you wish. They are customise-able for frequency, band width and mono/stereo. Solo voices in the main have a range of less than half the KB so it is arguable whether you'd need any more than 3 bands to cover the audio range - unless I'm completely missing the point somewhere.

Even with piano, 3 may be enough to cover any serious "holes" especially the C3/C5 area.
I use the "ST 3BAND EQ" DSP with the Concert Grand to good effect (even if that piano to me still is not as striking as the live grand) with Variation on and set to provide mid gain of +5. I left other parameters at default settings, but if you want to be more discerning they can be changed and saved as a USER file.
Thought I'd mention it- it might help to consider using the DSP's since the EQ features are of some concern to you

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 01-05-2009).]