Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
I agree KF , "Studio Only" , I could not see the T-3 as a "working - make a living" KB.

I would like to see Yamaha come out with an "all-in-one" A/KB , like the S900 , but with the sounds and FSX key-bed.

That I would gig with !

You are soooo correct , midi files need a lot of work to play right on the T-3 , unless of course you buy them from IDC.

5 bucks for a midi file ???? I don`t think so , unless I didn`t have it already and I really needed it.

Macintosh compatibility should be a must , but it`s not , I don`t think Yamaha will ever release real Mac software.

Still have not picked up a mic yet , but I am not expecting any changes since I had the Y2K.

Later

Gary 
If have ever made a "Karaoke" file from a well known song $5.00 would be cheap to buy one. IT can take many many hours to recreate all the parts exactly and would required the ability to play a MIDI guitar and in some cases a wind controller to take advantage of the Mega voices.

I have all the Toon 1000 tracks and am amazed at how well they did them when compared to the original arrangements in so many arenas. My wife makes CDs of them minus the parts she will play live with great results.

The Earth Wind and Fire tracks are a really good example of tracks I would not want to re record. I would bet if Phillip Baily sang in front of them on a CD the Avg Joe would not know it wasn't the band behind him. They use the T3 voices that well. The additional "programmed harmonies" that play like the real thing within the tracks are a nice touch as well although they are woefully bad voiced through the T3.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA