Quote:
"Now if only Roland could come up with great voices......"

I'm guessing you're referring to acoustic type voices. I think Roland put a good portion of their "voice" effort into the Synth, Synth Bass, and Lead sounds on the Fantom G. I also think Roland was coddling up to the hip hop and electronic/techno generation with the Fantom G; in fact, the whole previous Fantom line as well in my opinion.

There are many excellent acoustical type voices on the Fantom G in my opinion, but there are several 'underwhelming' ones as well, such as in the Woodwind section, some of the Acoustic Guitars, etc. What is fantastic is you can edit the patches to your heart's content and it can go a long way in getting the sound you want. Trouble is, many people don't want to get their hands dirty and sculpt the sounds to their own needs and satisfaction, and instead rely totally on the factory preset sounds.

I agree though that Roland could have done better by providing a more profuse supply of excellent acoustic type voices. Maybe they reasoned if they gave it too much sparkle from the get go that they wouldn't be able to entice Fantom G owners to fork over the cash for the new ARX cards hitting the market? I guess they call that marketing shrewdness huh?

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-06-2009).]