Quote:
are the headphone/output usable for connecting to a mixer/monitors or are they noisy or unstable?

I'm probably the last person to ask about this. This is the first digital keyboard I've ever owned. I've played on a few digitals through the years, but I've never hooked one up to a mixer or anything but other people's sound systems.

I just now tried listening through the little $20 headphones you get with the survival pack. I didn't notice anything I'd call noise noise or distortion. I did hear some very subtle differences. For instance, I can't hear any difference between piano1 and piano2, with the headphones. Through the speakers, I can hear a little more reverb with piano2. Also, the harp sounds better with the headphones than through the speakers.

This may all relate to the master EQ settings. I haven't tried fooling around with that yet. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the headphones. I thought for sure I'd have to buy a better set, but maybe not.

The violin is still bad through the headphones though. The violin sound is just terminally bad. String ensemble is OK, though.

Quote:
i'm thinking about using it to record songs. how are the drum sets

I'm not competent to judge. Snare sounds like a snare, I guess. Timpani... church bells... the few things I've tried all sound good to me. But again, I've never used the drum sets on any other keyboards.

Take that back -- I used the drum roll for Miss Hometown pageant once. Sounded like a drum roll to me.

Rick