SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
Topic Options
#349017 - 08/12/12 09:59 PM Awesome at last!!!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
After waiting patiently for nearly four years, I managed to buy my friend's Audya that he's hardly used.

Al I can say is WOW!!! What an awesome arranger. Now I know why they say it sounds so real, and not only the drums.

Someone send me good midi guitar arps & licks before which I intended to convert to multipads for my Yamaha. Well, let me tell you, the Audya comes with this built in and in an audio format.

Imagine this: Choose any style you like. Now add just the right audio drum track for each variation. Next, add a audio groove track, different one for each variation. Next, add a audio track for channel 4. These can be strings, piano, guitar and quite a few others & once again, different for each variation.

No, you're not done yet. Now choose a different live audio guitar track for each variation.

Now play your new style - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! And on top of this, many parts of the style responds to how you use your left hand. No more boring styles - PERIOD!!!

Yes, I screw up mine. In the process of installing al these many styles & updates I've collected over the years, I messed up & now I've lost my live guitars. However, this is purely a software related issue & It'll be fixed soon.

But even without the guitars, it outshines everything else I've heard to this date. It is an AWESOME arranger and my hat off to the ones responsible for designing it. I've seen so many bad mouthed remarks towards Ketron. Let me say this, anyone who could even come up with the idea used in the Audya is worthy of appreciation. I guarrantee that as soon as you own one, you'll change your attitude towards this company.

Also, I'm sure that most issues experienced are merely software related. Mine worked perfectly till I started fiddling with the software. AJ now sells complete HD's which is easy to install & will solve nearly every problem listed over the years. And just like with every PC, I'll make a backup of this first so that I can restore should I mess things up again.

If you do not as yet own an Audya, you're missing out big time!!! I'm in arranger heaven & it's nice!!! Ketron, you've got another fan! You guys are AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. (Notice any overly use of a certain word here - get yourself an Audya and you'll start using this word over and over again yourself)

All the best,
Henni

#349024 - 08/13/12 03:20 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Their customer service is terrible but I've said many times that it's the best arranger I've ever heard.

#349026 - 08/13/12 03:46 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Henni Offline

Hi,

I think I found my "software" problem. My "enable user live guitars" is set to "off".

I'm so anxious to go home to try to correct. But yes, I find the Audya to be even more AWESOME than anticipated. I sold my Yamaha over the weekend & I no longer have the cravings for a Tyros 4.

If I just think of what could be accomplished with the Audya, I get exited all over again. And then I have not even touched the harmonizer or HD recording features as yet. I traded my Voicelive 2 as part of the deal. Watching the various demos makes me believe I'll no longer need it.

All the best,
Henni

#349036 - 08/13/12 09:04 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You'll love the harmonizer. I'm glad you got the Audya at last. You deserve the best for the wonderful work you do!
DonM

#349080 - 08/13/12 10:18 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Tx DonM for your nice comment.

Yup, my live guitars are back. As stated, I suspect that most Audya problems are software related as it allows one to connect a remote PC to it & start fiddling with the files inside, even the system files.

If you have an Audya and you are struggling with it, don't give up. Read everything on the Synth Zone Ketron forum and try what others did.

This is an AWESOME arranger and everytime I play mine I'm blown away by it. It's unlike any other arranger I've owned before. It inspires me and I cannot wait to set mine up for live performances.

Regards to all,
Henni

#349088 - 08/14/12 02:47 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Henni

I am also happy to hear your reaction to your Audya. I think you made a wise statement about not giving up on ones Audya.

It is still, to some degree, a work in progress. I bought mine from Frank about a year ago knowing that it was revolutionary in it's live sounds, etc.,and was hopeful that mine would be okay.

I am happy I did, as I haven't had problem one, and agree with your assessment.

Bernie

#349180 - 08/16/12 12:34 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Bernie9]
Henni Offline

#349187 - 08/16/12 05:05 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Congratulations, your right- the Audya is awesome! I love those styles!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#349843 - 08/29/12 12:27 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: montunoman]
Henni Offline

#349845 - 08/29/12 01:08 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...

#350023 - 08/31/12 03:01 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: jamman]
Henni Offline

#350303 - 09/04/12 02:29 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Posted this over at the Ketron forum. However, I'd like to make this known to all.

I should have been an Audya salesman. I'm really not creating hype only. I've listened to most demos of all other new arrangers out there. The Audya surpasses them all.

Before I discovered the AJAMSONIC upgrade demo's, back in my mind I always wanted a Tyros 4 as well purely for those fantastic choir voices. Yes, I know many critisize those, but I have good use for them.

Now AJ offers the same & much more on his upgrade. I purchased some stuff from Ketron so I'm reluctant to spend more right now, but before this month is over I'll also purchase AJs full add-on. It will turn my Audya into something else & I'll no longer miss ANYTHING the Tyros 4 has to offer.

You know how it is with hype - it tends to go away after awhile. My satisfaction with the Audya grows on a daily basis.

Now I'm no special kind of musician, but what I get out of the Audya is stunning to say the least. Hopefully by this weekend I can make some recordings and post here to see if others share in my excitement and to see if it also sounds more real than the norm to them.

I cannot see how ANYONE can be disappointed with what the Audya offers - it's truly in a league of its own. I hope that some of the songs I'll post here can demonstrate that to the non believers. A Professional artist can make any arranger sound good. If I can do so with the Audya, then it MUST be outstanding.

And lastly, ANY arranger that accepts such a huge upgrade as the AJAMSONIC upgrade, has to be in a class of it's own. Something like this has been unheard of till now.

So just imagine what the limitations are if any. And on top of this, Ketron, although slow, has been known for their regular OS updates, most of those for free. No other arranger offers same!

I am well pleased with my choice & I've finally found the ULTIMATE arranger.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#350315 - 09/04/12 06:06 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Henni with your new kb........looking forward to hearing your music.

#350400 - 09/04/12 10:41 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Some DEMOS as promised.

Please note CLEARLY: Monica ALWAYS sings when we perform. I NEVER play melodies with my right hand. We are not as yet satisfied with the harmonizer settings, so please totally ignore melodies played - they serve only to point where in the song you are. Listen carefully to the drums, bass & live guitars. Those are my main focus for these demos for now. We'll post proper demos including vocals later.

In these demos I purely demonstrate the ARRANGER section of the Audya only on styles that I've modified on the fly (very, very easy to do).

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#350407 - 09/05/12 02:01 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I find it so awkward that I can no longer edit after awhile...

In any case, if you only want to listen without reading then:

Agnusdei

Ancient of days

More love

The battle belongs to the Lord

Henni

#350418 - 09/05/12 06:15 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Henni awesome !!!!I the Audya sounds so LIVE great stuff!!...
good luck with your new KB...I can hear why your so excited to play it...Thanx for sharing your work.

#350428 - 09/05/12 09:11 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Those styles sound really good ...
Enjoy...

#350492 - 09/06/12 12:30 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Found this somewhere. Even if the author should choose to fry me for doing so, I want to post over here. So here goes...

...and owned an Audya for nearly two years, playing it on the job nearly every night.

Yes, you are right about the lack of service available, BUT, I can think of very little else that Yamaha has that is as good as anything on the Audya, including sounds. One exception is that Yamaha has better factory OTS settings. You need to mostly do your own on Ketron. Audya does not have multipads, but similar settings are easily assignable to a system that uses assignable keys. In other words, you can pick a note and assign to it anything that is in a multipad, plus much more, including wav and/or midi playback.

The vocal processing is wonderful, the harmonizer is as good as anything I've heard, including dedicated third party models. The lead sounds are authentic instrument sounds. Yes, there is not as much processing done in the presets, but it is there if you want it. The key bed is WAY better than Yamaha. And, I've never heard of having to replace a strip under the keys on a Ketron. they are made of metal and built like a tank.

The drums and bass are like having live players in your band on stage with you. They make variations, if you want them to, in keeping with either key pressure or complexity of right-hand notes played.

There are LOTS of audio drums used in the styles, and have been for many years. (The PSR950 is the first Yamaha to have this, and only on 25 styles.) Also Audya has audio guitars in many styles. (Thus the name). You can use either the audio version or the midi version if you choose to do so, using the onboard style editor. You can do it in real time, while you are playing if you wish.

There are multiple fully assignable switches. There are dedicated hard sliders for each style part, without going into menus.

Audya has your choice of 76-note, 61-note and module configurations.

There are many more breaks and fills than even the Tyros line. In fact there is a choice of 4 break/fills for each style variation, not including the individual fills for pattern variations. You can assign the fills to key pressure if you wish, and you can assign vocal harmony variations to style variations if you wish. For example, maybe a single third above on var. 1, two voices on var. 2, a chorus on var. 3 and a special comedy sound on var. 4.

There are economical, light-weight 7 and 13 switch pedal controllers available. There are multiple assignable outputs in addition to the main outs. Some are splittable, giving the capability of 8 separate out puts for studio work.

The registration system (actually two systems) is far advanced from the Yamaha, and new registrations can be saved with a single button touch (not four separate save processes as necessary on Yamaha).

The start-up file saves EVERYTHING you want it to, including all vocal processing and harmonizer settings, all user preferences, etc.

It plays wav, MP3, and midi files of course, and they can be integrated as you wish with the styles. It has banks of audio loops and samples, also easily integrated with the styles.

Instead of requiring you buy a new model every year or so, they offer many free upgrades and many free additional styles.

These are only a few examples that come to mind of the cutting-edge technology that Audya offers.

Bad news is that Ketron is a small, independent Italian company that lacks sophistication in communications, marketing and customer service. They close totally for two months out of the year and during that time don't even answer the phone or emails.

The US distributors are nice guys, but keyboards are not the mainstay of their business, rather more of a sideline. The US marketing system, and service system, is pretty much non-existent. I DO have AJ's cell number and he calls me back. But there is way too much for one guy to handle, in addition to his other personal projects and interests. Even though he is THE Ketron guy, it is not a full-time position, as far as I can tell!...

That's his opinion and he is well known and respected.

My friend, I hope you can forgive me for taking the liberty to post your stuff here. However, the Audya needs true exposure after all the negative hype and I intend to see to that.

Everywhere I send those poor quality demos of mine, I get "WOOOOooooooooowwwwwww"!!! without exception. When my friend heard it, he wanted his Audya back....Ha ha ha, joke of the year. As if I'll let go!!!

Henni

#350590 - 09/07/12 03:56 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Found these Audya tutorial demos

Just for starters, direct after viewing these videos I started playing with my "Guitar Interactive" (or something to that effect) setting under "style mode" menu.

I changed that value from 100 to 60. Next I played a style, and to my utter astonishment the live guitar part started changing drastically (I mean drastically) depending on how hard I hit the chords with my left hand. I could create all sorts of guitar parts using my left hand only! (i.e. creating a single strum only every time I hit the chord!)

AJ goes on to explain how the Audya would sound different if two people would play exactly the same song using the exact same same style, based solely on their individual style of playing it. The audio drums, bass & live guitar parts adapt and change according to the style used to play both the chords and the melody.

There is NOTHING repetitive on the Audya, and this is what makes it so unique. The more I get to know this Audya, the more it THRILLS me.

Yes, like one member said who used to play his: It's rather heavy. I feel this every time I get up with it on my lap, which is very often indeed.

However, I'm not so young anymore, leaning more over to the sixties, & for me currently this is the most excersize I get, which is a GOOD thing. Everytime I play, I also "gym" a little. wink

Henni

#350607 - 09/07/12 08:45 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

I MAY have mentioned the weight on another forum. smile
I still maintain that no other arranger is even close in overall sound and features.
I love my PA3x, especially for the size and weight, but Audya is in a league of its own sound-wise.
DonM

#350897 - 09/11/12 03:04 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

This MUST be said and understood. There is a BEEEEG misconception here & it needs to be put right!!!

We discuss & criticize the Audya as if it's audio only, when in fact nothing is further away from the truth. This will be an eye opener to most critics.

Henni

#350920 - 09/11/12 09:11 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Everytime I play, I also "gym" a little. wink

Henni

... so you 'gym' when you 'jam' ?!? ... rotfl

sorry ... I just couldn't resist ... grin

#350927 - 09/11/12 09:59 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Jimmy Jam -famous R&B record producer (along with Terry Lewis).

chas

#350959 - 09/11/12 09:46 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
[quote=Henni]... so you 'gym' when you 'jam' ?!? ... rotfl

Yup Tony,

'Fraid you're right. This fantastic piece of technology is rather heavy. I always jam with it sitting in my recliner with in on my lap, earphones on my head & all. Trick to get up is to move it away from me first and to then get up in a single, yet very determined attempt whilst holding onto it with everything I have. To top this all, I know there's a hard drive buried in there somewhere, so I have to be a bit docile too when going through all of this.

Really grin at first it bothered me, but now I see it as good excersice (it's a mind over matter thing smile ). Someone once said that we pay someone to cut our lawn, we pay someone to wash our car, we pay someone to clean our house, etc. But then we also pay someone so that we can go & move their heavy pieces of metal around aimlessly over at their place & then we call all of this insanity "gym". Which is the same as digging a hole, planting a tree in it, then digging another hole, uprooting the tree & planting it in the new hole and then start all over again.

To top it all, I'm blessed with an very attactive, much, much younger wife. Ha, I cannot for a moment afford to look like something that's ready to embrace the graveyard. There are too many good looking, really talented & professional arranger players like the rest of you guys out there! rotfl

We are all a bit silly I guess...

Keep well my friend,

Hennie

#350967 - 09/12/12 12:53 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
I have made a demo from the Very Good 2011 sound upgrate of Audya!!!... I am working every day with this, and its EXELENT!!!!!!!! My demo is with Real Time Record, and it is 17:26 min.. Please listen the Drums section!!!!...POWER!!! BRAVO KETRON....VERY GOOD JOB!!!

http://www.divshare.com/download/15499685-7d5

#351048 - 09/13/12 12:51 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
can any other arranger do this?
if so, then please say so smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPEFNwut6IM

Originally Posted By: dreamer85
The video you showed me, is the KEY TUNE function.

The Style is not SYNC with a wav, or vice-versa.

This is simply the wav running at the same BPM tempo.

You need to push the KEY at the same time of your beat, if not, it will not SYNC.

The Pa2x can SYNC to the beat of your style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFU7myOQxqw

Is a PAD(in Korg), or KEY TUNE(in Audya).

But... in Audya, using the USER AUDIO DRUMS! you can now SYNC WAV's of your Style

You can assign one WAV for any part of your Style

Intro, Ending, Arranger, Fill, Break... so, up to 18 WAV's in one Style.

see the final of the video...

http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&id=149&Itemid=50&lang=ita

In KorgPa or YamahaTyros is not possible!

#351066 - 09/13/12 06:27 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Henni,

The Billie Jean stuff.. is so close to the original. If MJ were alive and heard this, then he would start the moonwalk for sure !! smile
The other manufacturers need to catch up when it comes to the audio stuff

Edited by Jez (09/13/12 06:28 AM)

Auron Music

#351069 - 09/13/12 06:59 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Henni how is Ketron service in south Africa?

#351101 - 09/13/12 09:10 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

I'm not aware of any dealer over here. My friend imported his direct from Ketron four years ago and I recently bought it over from him. I think my Audya is the only one in South Africa. Folks around here are not even aware of it's existence, not even many of the music dealers. (This is no joke, I've experienced this often. They've never heard the name "Audya" before)

For me, this is no issue. I've had various Roland, Korg & Yamaha arrangers to date and not once did I need support for anything. I find EVERYTHING I need not the internet & I've NEVER had any hardware problem yet.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351118 - 09/13/12 11:04 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Jez]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Jez
...The Billie Jean stuff.. is so close to the original.

Hi Jez,

True indeed. Did you notice the ease with which he created that style? And how he copied the audio drums from the intro section only of the actual song?

Also, that Hard Rock song that Robert performs (and sings) close to the end is AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! Well worth the download or listen.

I must get more bandwidth so that I can download ALL his videos over there. It inspires me for sure!!! This Audya is amazing & he definitely gets the BEST out of it! The possibilities with it is endless and only limited to one's imagination...

How I'd like to have Robert as my "Personal trainer"... smile smile smile

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351123 - 09/14/12 12:33 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Listen to those guitars. If you like, get more here Be sure to check out "PurpleRock" also.

Henni

Attachments
Pop Groove.mp3 (57 downloads)
Slow Country.mp3 (44 downloads)

#351125 - 09/14/12 01:05 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Yes!!!

Now I have it... This tune sounded all to familiar to me.

I just realize now that Martin Harris played EXACTLY the same sequence on the Tyros 4. Do yourself a HUGE favor & compare the two demos. Audya version attached.

I'd like your honest feedback on this after comparison please.

Henni

Attachments
PurpleRock.mp3 (52 downloads)

#351131 - 09/14/12 06:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi Dnj,

I'm not aware of any dealer over here. My friend imported his direct from Ketron four years ago and I recently bought it over from him. I think my Audya is the only one in South Africa. Folks around here are not even aware of it's existence, not even many of the music dealers. (This is no joke, I've experienced this often. They've never heard the name "Audya" before)

For me, this is no issue. I've had various Roland, Korg & Yamaha arrangers to date and not once did I need support for anything. I find EVERYTHING I need not the internet & I've NEVER had any hardware problem yet.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Good luck to you Henni.......maybe its time for Ketron to exploit a new dealership in Johannesburg ? grin

#351157 - 09/14/12 10:33 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If Ketron do the same practice of undercutting their dealers that they do in the US, maybe that's an explanation of why there are so few dealers?

#351231 - 09/16/12 09:41 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

That might very well be so. I know that my friend contacted Ketron on numerous occasions for updates to no avail. In the end AJ responded, but by then I already took it over from him.

So, I cannot vouch for or defend the actions of Ketron. But I can defend their product as I am well pleased with mine.

I feel sorry for anyone with an advanced arranger that's not also a member of some of it's forums. They would not know of any updates or any new stuff being available.

When I took over his Audya, I already had EVERY update available plus everything else Ketron offered for free as I've collected these over the years. I've had my Audya now for little more than a month, & allready I have many thousands of extra styles for it & everything Ketron has for sale for it in the mail to me. And soon I'll have the full AJAMSONIC upgrade too.

One has to be a go-getter to get the best out of one's arranger! He had it for nearly four years with nothing whatsoever added to it.

To end off: When I play my Audya, what comes through the headphones to my ears is all that matters to me. I'm not at all concerned or bothered by the Ketron Italy politics. I'm not a dealer, I'm an end user & I'm really greatful for this great product being available to me. Hopefully it would also last just as my Rolands, Korgs & Yamahas did. And I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351391 - 09/20/12 12:16 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi my friends.....(New Audya sound upgrade)

I have ready a more demo, but it is only Programs....

But its not all of BANKS, but i pressed Record in Cubase, and i played with new Programs of Audya....

http://www.divshare.com/download/11873193-d24

Listen please a small demo from this......

http://www.divshare.com/download/11148364-79e

Its only the sounds....

Man,

This is well worth the listen. AWESOME stuff indeed!!!

Henni

#351405 - 09/20/12 05:42 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Good Stuff Henni enjoyed listening!

#351416 - 09/20/12 10:01 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Nice, but I'm not as impressed as you are, Henni. Can we hear some full-on styles being played over by someone with a good right hand (not a factory-assembled piece, either) please, much as we'd expect to hear in a live gig setting? Can anyone point us to some demos of that order, please?

#351433 - 09/20/12 12:39 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

I posted some a couple of years ago.
They are here:
http://www.donmasonmusic.com/AudyaSongs/
They were recorded live on the job. I notice that the vocals and right hand parts are a tad loud, but you can get the idea.
DonM

#351472 - 09/21/12 01:59 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Hi DonM,

Neither Windows media player neither Cool Edit Pro can play your MP3 files.

Keep well my friend,,
Henni

#351483 - 09/21/12 08:38 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

No problem here with WMP playing the mp3's ... always good to hear you sing and 'pick', Dom ...

#351484 - 09/21/12 08:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Hi DonM,

Neither Windows media player neither Cool Edit Pro can play your MP3 files.

Keep well my friend,,
Henni

They are working fine for me! Not sure what the problem could be.
DonM

#351506 - 09/21/12 04:33 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I posted some a couple of years ago.
They are here:
http://www.donmasonmusic.com/AudyaSongs/
They were recorded live on the job. I notice that the vocals and right hand parts are a tad loud, but you can get the idea.
DonM

Thanks very much for those, Don, don't know how I missed them the first time around. It's always better to hear a keyboard in actual use. Sounds very capable indeed. Man, I shoulda been a country (picker) - that style has a certain something. Thanks, again.

#351676 - 09/24/12 09:41 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Nice, but I'm not as impressed as you are, Henni. Can we hear some full-on styles being played over by someone with a good right hand (not a factory-assembled piece, either) please, much as we'd expect to hear in a live gig setting? Can anyone point us to some demos of that order, please?

Hi 124,

As far as a "good" right hand is concerned, I unfortunately cannot comply.

However, I've put something together for you. Listen to how I contol fill ins by pressing just a tad higher on my right hand. Also listen how everything changes right at the end of the tune by me simply playing a little more violently with my right hand.

If you want, you can also listen here and/or even here

I play ONLY Gospel & I make no excuse for it.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351699 - 09/25/12 06:22 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Thanks for those, Henni. It's been a bit of an 'aha' moment for me. That is indeed a very real sounding keyboard in all departments, the best I've heard. I can understand your enthusiasm for the Audya. Chances of seeing or hearing one 'live' in these parts - zip, I'm afraid. Thanks again.

#351856 - 09/29/12 10:44 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi 124,

We finally made some live recordings with our Audya today. If you want you can listen:

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

Keep well my friend,

Henni & my lovely Monica

#351858 - 09/29/12 12:13 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Great sounding recordings!
DonM

#351861 - 09/29/12 01:11 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Thanks for those too, Henni. I'm always in favour of having the drums right 'in there' in the mix. So often I hear recordings where the drums sound like they're down the road somewhere. Not on these, though.

#351911 - 09/30/12 09:07 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Henni Offline

Hi DonM & 124,

Tx for the replies. We've recorded many more songs. If you want to, you can view and/or listen here

However, this one is especially for you as it demonstrates the Audya's live drums, live guitars & excellent harmonizer in a real good way.

Henni

#351915 - 09/30/12 09:59 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Thanks Henni,

Really love all these songs.

They are great !!!!

#351956 - 10/01/12 10:35 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

Also listen how everything changes right at the end of the tune by me simply playing a little more violently with my right hand.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Henni ... the recordings sound VERY good ...
I am not comparing the KBs, but my ancient technics kn1000 had a feature called Dynamic Accompaniment that did something similar in that it changed how the rhythm was played based on what the right hand was doing ... so if I were doing a more 'animated' solo in a song, the rhythm would become more animated as well ... unfortunately, they did not keep that feature in some of their later models ...

#352007 - 10/01/12 11:06 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Henni Offline

Hi Tony,

Thank you my friend - they were done with me sitting in a recliner, Audya casually on my lap & Monica standing in front of me with the microphone. I never realized recordings could be so easy & what you hear is what you record - AWESOME!!! We are not interested in studio like recordings, but rather in recording live as if we perform in real life.

Yes, controlling the style based on how you play is really an AWESOME feature. But it does take a lot of practice to use correctly. I'm trying to do just that. So far I can control drum fills with my right hand anytime I want - this alone is AWESOME!!!

Now I must learn to control those live guitars in a realistic way. In my example, it's way overdone, but I did it just to show that it can be done.

On most of the styles, the effect is much more mild, what I mean it will change into a strum at more or less the same sound level. This I like as I find this very easy to control.

My AJAMSONIC upgrade will be delivered soon. That includes a new auto guitar strumming feature that can be controlled by playing a chord plus one extra key. I'm really looking forward to this. Plus many of the new styles will come in 32 measures, which makes everything sound even more natural.

I'm still blown away by my Audya on a daily basis, & just about everyday I discover a new & neat feature that makes it even more unique. There are a great deal of features on it which are not overly discussed and as such not even known to many of it's owners. That's why AJ's tutorial video is an absolute MUST have for me!

Yamaha blows every little thing they do right out of proportion as if it's a MAJOR breakthrough - I find Ketron to be just the opposite in this regard.

Buying the Audya was certainly one of the best decisions I've yet made in my life. I have NO regrets whatsoever. There is really nothing about it that anoys me, not even in the least. I find the operating system so user friendly & easy to use and what can be done onboard with the styles is just amazing!!!

@Machetero: Thank you for your kind feedback. We are not even cose to being pro's, but we really enjoy what we do. And I enjoy sharing these with others, although not too many are interested or impressed by our genre of music. However, to us this is a lifestyle and a passion which brings us much joy & much fulfillment.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#352379 - 10/08/12 10:11 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I do not mean to bore anyone, but many contacted me personally already voicing their new praises for the Audya based on these, informing me that this was EXACTLY what they wanted to hear - the unedited live & casual day to day use of the Audya at home.

So then, these are links to all our current songs, oldest top, newest bottom, very casually, & I mean very casually recorded direct live to our Audya. It will let you hear what the Audya sounds like in the hands of a novice. a Pro can make ANYTHING sound spectacular, but these recordings will give you an good idea of the day to day sound of the Audya when used in your own home.

Everything improves towards the bottom as I find my feet with this AWESOME arranger as we progress on a day to day basis. Casual live recordings are becoming a real breeze indeed.

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here

Our AJAMSONIC upgrade should arrive anytime this week, which will improve everything even more...Hard to believe, but true. This is the MOST realistic sounding arranger I've EVER heard!

And I gather from reading between the lines that Ketron is already busy with another MAJOR improvement - either to the existing Audyas or maybe in the form of a new model. These guys will not be caught with their pants down by any other manufacturer! They will ALWAYS be the leaders in this technology.

Keep well all my arranger friends,

Henni

#352381 - 10/08/12 11:07 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Great stuff Henni!
I love the Audya, but Ketron isn't always on the cutting edge of technology. They still use a Serial-type proprietary connector for the foot controllers. Until the Audya, they still included a floppy disk drive! And the pre-Audya operating system was really archaic, at least up to the Midjay, when they changed to a more windows-like interface.
Musically though, they certainly have it together.
DonM

#352406 - 10/09/12 05:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Just about all the arrangers out there that use multi-switch pedals all have different connectors. This, compared to streaming audio (Yamaha are only JUST exploring this), key triggered phrases, arpeggiators, etc. seems an awfully minor niggle.

What bugs me mostly about the Audya is that, although technologically way ahead of everything else, what it is trying to do needs technology even MORE advanced. Once RAM pipelines are up to speed, and SSD's are leveraged to stream more, and faster, it may become the thing it just hints at now.

But, as I always keep bringing up, unless Ketron develop and release easy to use tools to allow the user to easily import 3rd party loop libraries to be turned into style elements, it is still going to be a niche product. There is a world of amazing loops out there. Ketron obviously cannot make styles fast enough or cheap enough to compete with the huge Yamaha or Roland libraries, and bottom line, it doesn't MATTER what the arranger can do if the style library is so limited that you don't get to use it much.

A simple to use audio styles creator software package would help this arranger get the respect it deserves.

#352640 - 10/12/12 03:23 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

We put all our latest music on a CD recently & I handed these out to some of my friends at work.

One person who is involved in sound & recording, was stunned by the quality of the recordings (note, I'm not saying stunned by our music, but stunned by the quality in which it was recorded). He found it hard to believe that this quality could be achieved by simply recording live direct to the HD of the Audya.

So, another superb feature of the Audya - the recordings are perfect. Just thought I should share this with you all.

Originally Posted By: Diki
A simple to use audio styles creator software package would help this arranger get the respect it deserves.

Hi Diki,

Don't forget, I can take ANY style, be it converted from another arranger, & then quickly & easily for each different variation, add:

1. Live onboard drums
2. Live onboard grooves
3. Live onboard bass
4. Like onboard arps & licks
5. Live onboard guitars
6. Live onboard user created drums (already being created by everyday users)
7. Live onboard user created live guitars (yes, only these ones are hard to do yourself)

to it. It is hard to comprehend just WHAT this does for the original style. (Don't forget, you can also attach 18 different wav files of your choice, transposed and synced automatically to the rest of the style, to the different parts of any style as demonstrated in a video somewhere in this same thread.

This procedure is so easy & quick to do that even a child could do it. I need no complex style creation software, neither do I need any more audio loops. There are just THAT many onboard ones to choose from...My AJAMSONIC update is with our customs. I'll have it in a day or two. It brings with it hundreds, if not over a thousand additional live professional audio tracks that can be added to the already impressive variety of ones onboard!

Henni

#352657 - 10/12/12 08:50 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Yes Henni... it is the full nature of the audio styles that I was talking about, not just audio drums.

The thing is, I'm not talking of taking already created content and adding it to other styles. I'm talking about making NEW styles. One of the things I have noticed about the Ketron 'sound' is a decided lean towards Euro-centric styles and grooves. There's a lot of stuff that either is under-represented or not represented at all with regard to US styles. Now, this isn't surprising, given Ketron's main market is over in the EU, but as audio styles (complete ones, not just drums) are much harder to produce, the speed with which us more 'niche' markets gets addressed (LOL... the US a 'niche' market!) is pretty slow.

There are some pretty amazing loop libraries of guitar picking and strumming, bass loops and other things out there. Being able to easily import them would help broaden the appeal of the Audya, IMO.

The thing about this technology is, the logical conclusion of it is, ALL style parts being audio. But currently, other than the drums and bass, any chordal style part suffers from the streaming not being fast enough to cope with more than three main chord types, and only on the one Part.

All I am saying is, by the time modern computer standards are implemented (those are some pretty dated specs for data transfer compared to a modern computer), this arranger will finally deliver the promise it holds out right now.

I have always said, if the content the Audya comes with suits you fine, it is an extraordinarily good sounding arranger as is. The problem starts when you find yourself doing music it doesn't really address. For instance, I do a LOT of reggae. There is ONE reggae audio style in the factory list. That's not going to cut it for me. No New Orleans type beats, Cajun, and many other local styles.

If it was easy for ME to make audio styles, I could use it. But if the groove isn't already in the arranger, you are out of luck. There are some people making styles for the Audya, but they tend to be of limited use unless you are Baltic or Mediterranean!

An amazing arranger without sufficient CONTENT I can use is of limited value.

Maybe in another ten years...!

#353283 - 10/21/12 09:22 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Our latest (note, this is in our native tongue) I think it's our best yet, although we need to practice some more... This Audya is AWESOME!!!

Keep well all,

Henni

#353641 - 10/27/12 06:04 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

My AJAMSONIC hard drive is installed. All my 2011 & 2012 updates back in place.

I spent most of the night watching the two DVDS. AWESOME!!! I learned so much. I never knew such complex things could be achieved with the Audya. Too bad the nay sayers cannot watch these DVDs. They'll be impressed to the very extreme...

There are so many, many new styles. I listened to the intro and only bits of each variation of each style. This took more than three hours, there are just that many. Voice selections are excellent!!! I am very much impressed with these new styles. They are of very high quality indeed!

Next I played with the talking choir voices. They have to be loaded into RAM before one can use them. AWESOME!!! I'll find much use for those. There are close to if not more than one thousand three hundred extra complete drum loops. a Great many new live guitar audio sections. No ways to go through all of these in a single day. I'll report back on these after quite some time after I tried them out thoroughly.

Many, many, a GREAT many awesome MP3s, Midis & waves supplied. They will be handy for anyone in the gigging business.

Have not touched the harmonizer as yet. I'm so tired from the lack of sleep that I do not feel to rig up for singing as yet. I'll re-install all my registries & user styles next.

Will give some more detailed feedback later. I am extremely happy with the purchase & it was money well spent. I'll recommend to anyone without any hesitation - go for it!!!

Henni

#353778 - 10/30/12 11:19 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

This Audya, & especially my new AJAMSONIC upgrade, keeps on blowing me away. Here is just another reason as to why.

Henni

Hi AJ,

How did you play those "Hey...Whow" voices simultaneously in your "A Hot Gospel 5" demo?

Kind regards,

Hennie

Originally Posted By: AJ
Hennie,

You can accomplish this by doing the following (also explained in DVD manual).

USING PROGRAM.
Once you've loaded both voices into RAM, go to PROGRAM and select a program you want to edit (preferably in the CHOIR section).
* Press EDIT to enter the program EDIT mode.
* Press F1 to go to voice 1 and then press RAM/INS to enter the RAM voice pages.
* Turn wheel to get the HEY voice.
* Press F1 again to go to voice 2 and then press RAM to enter the RAM pages once more. Turn wheel to get the WHOW voice next. These should be displayed in capital letters, otherwise you are still in the ROM voices in AUDYA.
* Press USER5/10 to enter the CONTROL page and go to CONTROL 2/2.
* Press F3 to access the VELOCITY (how hard you press before a voice is heard).
* For voice 1, set Velocity 0-90 (when you play soft, you will hear this voice).
* For voice 2, set Velocity 89-127 (when you play a little harder, you will hear this voice). I use 89 as a cross (versus starting the 2nd voice at 91) so that there is a time when if you press just right, you get both.
* Test to your touch.
* Now press USER 4/9 (Effects SEND) and add REVERB (23 to V1 and 50 to V2 - you want V2 to have a 'sustain' effect and not just end when you release the key). I would also recommend adding Chorus to V1 (voice 1).
* Test and if ok, press SAVE and User 5/10 to save your new Program which will be loaded whenever keyboard is powered on.

*** As you play the voice, remember - when you play soft, you will hear (HEY). When you press HARD, you will hear WHOW. You can (as we did) play with 2 fingers hard to get HEY and 3 fingers soft to get WHOW. A few tricks as you play gives you control over when these voices come in as opposed to assigning to the styles engine (which you can still do with STYLE VIEW) and having choir voices come at the same place the same time over and over again.

Feel free to share the response above with the forum....

AJ

#354057 - 11/04/12 08:14 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Composed a little something last night to demonstrate my new AJAMSONIC upgrade. It's so great to be able to create drum fills anywhere by pushing just a little harder on the chords! Hope you like it.

Henni

#354067 - 11/05/12 02:33 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Herewith all new(extra) AJAMSONIC styles, listed by genre for Ver 2.0:

BALLAD:
8 Beat Ballad 3
a Folk Ballad
At the Movies
An Old Beat
Electro Ballad
Golden Beat
Home Beat
Hot Ballad

PARTY:
Ethnic 5_4
Ethnic Dance
Ethnic Pop
Ethnic Tropic
Slow East

LATIN:
1 Drop Reaggae_R
a Bikutssi
a Compa Feeling
a Cuba Salsa
a Kazet Party
a Makossa Story
a New Soca
a New Zouk
a Salsa
a Soca Rumba
a Soca Slide
a Soweto Feaver
a Tropical Island
Another Bolero
An Afro Jazz
Banjon Tropicana
Bachata
Cha Cha Slide
Cumbia
Cumbion
Disco Chacha
Makossa 1
Ndombolo 1
Ndombolo 2
New Mambo
African Mambo
Afro Calypso
All Time Cha Cha
Beguine Train
Bolero Uno
Bossa Schlager
Bossano Dream
Cha Cha Man
ChaCha One
Lambada Brazil
Latin Schlager
Live Salsa
Love Samba
Raggaetone
Real Merengue

POP:
a 50's Pop
a 6_8 Pop
a British Pop
a Guitar Beat
a Hip Hop School
a Hip & Hop Mix
a Mega Rapper
a New Rap
a Rap 1
An 8 Track
An Afro Funk
Be Street Smart
Frank's Pop
Hip n Hop
Hip Hop
Hip Today
Midnight Blues
Midnight Dream
Moonlight Up
Our Beat
Phill Collins
Soft Beat

ROCK:
a 60 Blues
a 6_8 Gospel
a Blues Rhythm
a Blues Bro Rock
a Blues to go
a Country Rock
a Gospel Rock
a Gospel Hit
a Gospel_5
a RnB Fusion
a Shufle
a Soul Blues
a Soul Rock
a Soul Train
R&Blues_3
The Soulfull Bro

DANCE:
a 70's Disco
a Boyz2Men Dance
a Cool Dance
a Dance Fever
a Dance Room
a Disco Flavor
a Disco Heat
a Disco Highlife
a Fresh Dance
a Hot Hit
a House Dance
a Progress Dance
a Real Dance
a Schlager Heat
a Trench Tech
a YMCA Dance
An Electro Dance
An Indian Dance
Afro Generation
Ballad Techy
Dance Ibiza
Dance Schlager
Last Countdown

a 2 Step Ballad
a Contry Pop
a Country Rock
a Country Surf
a Slow Country
a Soft Ballad
Country Pop

SWING:
a 12_8 Flip Flop
a 5_4 Jazz
a Bepop
a Big Band
a Gentle Ballad
a Live Bigband
a Small Bigband
An Organ Hit
AJ's BigBand
Golden Swinger

R&ROLL:
a 60's Rock
a Rock Ballad
a RockRiffonAll
Rock Horses
Sister rock
Soulful
Downtown

BALLROOM:
Dixie Fox
Fox Trot
French Mussette
Hully Gully
Middle Fix
Moderato
Musette
Pasodoble 3_4
Polka
Tango
Tarantella
Waltz

FOLK:
a Charlston
a Friendly Polka
a Modern Polka
a New Orleans
A New York
a Polka Dream 1
a Ploka Dream 2
a Polka Dreamer
a Polka Fox
a Polka
a Polka Fox Band
Schlager Shuffle

Henni

#354071 - 11/05/12 06:39 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi all,

Composed a little something last night to demonstrate my new AJAMSONIC upgrade. It's so great to be able to create drum fills anywhere by pushing just a little harder on the chords! Hope you like it.

Henni

Henni.... clap Oh baby that sounds so good.....
the Audya is certainly one of the best "LIVE" Sounding Arranger KBs on the market today No Doubt!!
glad your enjoying it, I know I am listening here,....
more more more please!!

#354081 - 11/05/12 07:48 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

I have tried a few keyboards with pressure triggered 'whatevers', and I must confess, never got on well with them. I guess I have a pianist's touch or close to it, and I could never stop the 'whatever' from happening when I got into fff passages and started playing strongly!

To keep playing and 'controlling' separate as much as possible, I prefer to transfer to my feet as much of the arranger control as possible. Definitely having all 4 Variations (with auto-fill ON) at my feet relieves my hands (especially my LH) from having to stop playing at least 90% of the time, and in this case, makes sure that enthusiastic playing never accidentally triggers the wrong thing!

#354093 - 11/05/12 10:20 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

I tend to agree with you Diki, most of my arrangers lately have had the capacity to do things with left hand pressure, but it's just one more thing to think about.
I have gotten really spoiled to dedicated foot controllers, on Audya, Korg and Roland. I'm going to have to find one to use with the 950, should I decide to go with it.
I only require 3 or 4 extra switches, to control Vocal Harmony off/on, text page up down, a break/fill or two... I still prefer a larger sustain pedal and occasionally volume pedal.
I'm researching this now.
I'm also researching a VERY small passive mixer, just to have the ability to use an extra mic on occasion, and not use an external mixer. I have a couple I can use, but always on the lookout for something better and smaller.

#354100 - 11/05/12 11:19 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

I must confess, I am a little underwhelmed by Korg's measly 5 button footswitch doohickey. If you think that, at a minimum, you want the Variation/Fill select at your feet, that doesn't leave but the one.

Frankly, I am surprised that none of the manufacturers thinks a 12 button input is a good idea. Imagine something like a Roland FC 200, or a Behringer FCB 1010, but with 12 buttons laid out in a chromatic octave arrangement, and no swell pedals (to keep size down).

Plenty of buttons for full arranger control from the buttons, and as an added bonus, a simple no velocity set of bass pedals if you wanted to kick a bit of bass or hold an ostinato.

Brilliant!

#354108 - 11/05/12 12:09 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Ketron has a choice of 7 or 13 buttons. I always used the smaller one. In fact I still have it. It is pretty heavy and uses a serial port-type connector you have to screw in.
I like both the Korg and Roland because they are small and light.
smile
DonM

#354129 - 11/05/12 08:04 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Hi DNJ & all,

Composed another song last night using one of my new AJAMSONIC styles with it's new voices. Hope you enjoy.

Henni

#354137 - 11/05/12 11:48 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

DNJ,

I gave words to that last song. For what it's worth, here you go:(I like to keep things simple)

I WILL PRAISE THE LORD

When disaster comes
I will praise the Lord
When all hope is gone
I will praise the Lord
I'll remember His Son
And I'll praise the Lord
Be it sunshine, be it darkness
I'll praise the Lord

#354189 - 11/06/12 08:46 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi DNJ & all,

I risk making a nuisance of myself over here. Herewith my latest creation using my new AJAMSONIC upgrade. In future, should anyone want to follow these, then please do so over here.

Henni

#354257 - 11/08/12 01:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Official AJAMSONIC Audya demos can be found over here.

Keep well al my friends,

Henni

#354342 - 11/08/12 08:30 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

This AJAMSONIC style is so good & outstanding that I'm going to post over here. There are MANY more quality styles in the same class as this one. Here I made extensive use of the "Riff" function. AJ likes to create styles with great riffs!

Henni

#354970 - 11/19/12 02:10 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Yet another fantastic AJAMSONIC style. Listen to how I use those fantastic sampled human choir voices in the lower section of the style. I always stated that I have a lot of usage for those. I notice that AJ is beginning to program these into the new styles ala Tyros 4 style, providing much better variation than I can achieve by merely pressing chords.

Henni

#355173 - 11/22/12 09:21 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi everyone,

Some important additional Audya info. I did not have my facts completely right. She can do more than initially anticipated.

I use "STYLE MODELLING" a LOT!!! It is awesome what can be achieved by it & it is a breeze to accomplish, even on the fly. When done, save either as a new style or simply as a new registry. I prefer the last. However, the choice is yours.

Henni

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
...The Arps and Licks are to be used in the styles only. With the AJAMSONIC package, the Arps can also be played as lead voices as is the case with regular workstation synths!

When you select a style that you like and want to make modifications to it by adding these, simply press STYLE VIEW which will display the style's components (Drums, Bass, Chords ... etc).

* Press F4 (Chord 4) quickly twice to toggle between the Midi chord part programmed within the style and the ARP&Lick table provided by Ketron which can be inserted in this style to replace the Midi part.

* Play the style and use the Data wheel to now go through the various ARP&Licks currently available.

* When satisfied with a selection, repeat for all the other ARRANGER PARTS (A-D), then press SAVE and save your new style (it will be saved under the same group - but in the USER STYLE folder, so when next you want to play this modified FACTORY style (or any style you load into the machine), press the USER STYLE button first! This preserves the FACTORY styles.

This and a lot more is clearly illustrated in our 3+Hrs DVD tutorial manual so you can see and hear how it's done and the effects it has on your over-all sound/music!

This (STYLE MODELLING) can also be applied to :-

* DRUMS (F1) - Midi, Factory AUDIO or USER AUDIO Drums
* GROOVE (F2) - Midi Drum Kits, GROOVES or Percussion
* BASS (F3) - BASS BANK or style's MIDI Bass
* Chord 1 (F6) - PIANO BANK or style's MIDI part
* Chord 2 (F7) - GUITAR BANK 1 or style's MIDI part
* Chord 3 (F8) - GUITAR BANK 2 or style's MIDI part
* Chord 4 (F9) - ARPS & LICKS BANK or style's MIDI part
* Chord 5 (F10) - LIVE Guitar or style's MIDI part

Hope this helps...

#357249 - 12/21/12 09:59 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

... The ease with which style modelling is achieved is just beyond description. It is even easier than copy & paste - I really mean this. And there are now HUGE libraries to choose from... If ANY track in ANY part of the style sounds rather thinnish, simply replace it on the fly with an audio part!!! Then save it either as a new style or as a registry, leaving the original style completely intact. I hardly use any style anymore as is. I can write pages about this single, stunning feature alone!!! It still does not seize to amaze me, even on a daily basis. I am super inspired every time I turn it on. I can take any purely midi style & turn it into something AMAZING in the blink of an eye...

...Here, let me motivate you all a bit. Two versions of the same style. The one is straight after the EMC conversion. The other is after I've tampered with it for a half an hour or so.

All done on the Audya, direct in style view mode, no midi, other program or anything else used. Just replaced, revoiced & re-volumed some parts...

Attachments
IRISHDANCET2.mp3 (49 downloads)
IRISHDANCE_HENNI.mp3 (42 downloads)

#357252 - 12/21/12 10:38 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Henni,

I love some sounds on the Audya, but those drums are too much could not hear the RH, maybe it's my hearing aids, too much drums are in the ears of the beholder, IMO. post #354189 Hennie03

Where are you spending Christmas Henni?

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357265 - 12/22/12 02:39 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

On the left hand side there is a slider labelled DRUMS, if you move it towards you the volume magically goes down...amazing these modern keyboards.

#357267 - 12/22/12 03:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

TWD,

Yupe my Audya had one of those sliders too, maybe Henni's is an earlier model without the slider... rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357272 - 12/22/12 04:29 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony

Load the style on your T4, have a listen, and you will find why you cannot hear the RH sounds.

BTW it would be great if you could upload an mp3 of it, so that we can hear how the original sounds.

Bill cool

#357289 - 12/22/12 07:09 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: abacus]
Henni Offline

Hi Tony,

I purely demoed each variation of the style only. Nothing played on the right hand. Did you notice that stunning bass player? I had to do nothing other than to only select him. Did you notice those stunning drum fills at the end of each variation? Nothing to do with me, my drum player does that completely on his own. Need I go on...

I've now already improved 10 or so of my EMC converted styles. They all now sound amazing. However, I'll not bother everyone over here with those.

I just wanted to show everyone how easy MAJOR style modifications could be done direct on the Audya. Simply highlight the part, turn the wheel on each track & listen to what's available & replace with something superior. It's far easier than copy & paste!!!

Keep well my friend, we'll be home for Christmas. We'll braai & swim, me & my lovely wife. Have a blessed time yourself.

Henni

#357299 - 12/22/12 08:51 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Hi Henni

You’ve spoilt it now; I wanted Tony to find out for himself that there was no right hand playing, ahh well!

As to your modified style, it does still need some work done on it as it is still rather unbalanced and the instruments chosen don’t mix well together. (At least not to my ears)

BTW do you mean you can change the track parts by just touching it or just select a different sound?

Have a good Christmas, and may your Audya serve you well.

Bill

#357301 - 12/22/12 09:08 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: abacus]
Henni Offline

Hi Bill,

You can do one of three things for each track:

1. You can select it, change the voice, volume or all the other normal midi things. The voices can be onboard midi, or INS (the new super solo sampled extra voices), which uses much more RAM. Mine, without the extra RAM, can hold roughly 18 of these voices.

2. You can double click the track. Now you have access to the audio & arps&lick libraries. This applies for EVERY single track. Now you can use the wheel to scroll through the HUGE data base until you find something to your liking. Then you replace the midi part with that. Should you later change your mind, simply double click on it again & your original last selected midi part is back.

3. You can change the effects for each little section above, also different for each part, right on the fly, same as you select the different parts.

You can have audio drums, midi drums and two different combinations of groove drum loops playing either individually, or even together if you wish...

This is AWESOME!!! And so easy, even a child can do it. And remember, ALL of the above apply to every single track of the style, for every variation, fill, break, intro & ending individually. You can have different parts assigned to each one of those seperately. Variation 1 can have midi, variation 2 audio and so on...

I do not believe any other arranger out there can do the same.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357304 - 12/22/12 09:45 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
NoteBender Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi Henni,

Just wondered since you use the same thread most of the time if there is an SZ award for most viewed thread? lol whistle

#357314 - 12/22/12 11:48 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
Henni Offline

So,

Why should I use a new thread? This thread is all about my Audya and how impressed I am with it. Should I rather discuss this topic in 20 different threads then... It contains a wealth of information for anyone even remotely considering an Audya.

I like to keep things nice & tidy - can't see anything wrong with that? Rather in future don't read here if this topic does not interest you & we'll all continue to be happy.

Someone once remarked to a brilliant person: "A cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind", to which he replied without hesitation: "Yes, and a empty desk is a sign of a empty mind" I'll leave you with those words...

Henni

#357316 - 12/22/12 12:22 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

I think it may be the "AWESOME" part in the title that may annoy some people. Makes it seem as though you need to reemphasize that a gazillion times a day in perpetuity. I know that it has become more of an informational thread at this point and that's good, but with that title, I'm afraid it's going to be a continuing source of annoyance for a lot of people. Maybe you could get Nigel to change the title for you to something like 'Audya Highlights' or something or maybe just move the whole thing over to the Ketron board.

We don't want to start a dangerous precedent here, like say.....Fran starting an unending thread on how 'awesome' the Roland 'anything' is, or Ian on how awesome the Yamaha (and Tyros4 in particular) is, or Donny on how awesome......Donny is (kidding, guy), now do we? Just saying.

smile smile

chas

#357317 - 12/22/12 12:29 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
Henni Offline

Well Chas,

I think you know for sure that a thread can no longer be modified after a few minutes only. If that was not so, I would gladly change the topic header to something more appropriate.

As for moving it over to the Ketron forum, I think now you are really throwing your toys out of your cot!

Nigel, if you want you can maybe change to something like: "Interesting facts about the Audya" or something to that effect. You choose anything less offensive.

As for me: Quite a few will testify that they've purchased Audyas and even AJAMSONIC upgrades based on the facts that I've listed over here. Not one of those has any regrets for doing so. And no, I received no commission or special favours for doing so. I do it purely because I believe in these products.

So, to the original complaintiff: what have you achieved lately over here? Some have nothing of value to say, but they go ahead & say it anyway... Let me rather stop here now. I also have a nasty side to me if I'm provoked enough.

Henni

#357318 - 12/22/12 12:52 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Well Henni, I definitely don't want to provoke your 'nasty' side as I'm not ready to 'fly forever' quite yet. I was just trying to point out how it COULD become annoying (the title, that is) if repeated often enough.

Have a nice holiday.

chas

#357319 - 12/22/12 12:55 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't get hung up on titles. Read the post or don't ... but to ask a poster to rename his own post? C'mon ... that's a little "out there", don't cha think?
Just sayin'
smile

#357321 - 12/22/12 01:18 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

You're completely right Dave, as always. And in fact I don't usually read posts on this thread that are posted by the OP. Nothing personal, I just have ZERO interest in the Audya or any other Ketron product. For the type of music that I like, I have never heard a Ketron style or demo that would inspire me to own one. As you said, I could choose to just ignore it.....but it keeps accumulating those little numbers......then I have to click on it in order to get rid of them.....then a post like NoteBender's catches my eye, then...........well, you know. Anyhow, I'll let you go back to watching reruns of GLEE.

Merry xmas,

chas

#357326 - 12/22/12 02:20 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

... isn't it GREAT that some of us have so little to think about other than how annoying the title of a thread is ... grin

Now back to "GLEE" ... rotfl

#357330 - 12/22/12 02:56 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Henni my friend, you keep posting here, its relevant to arrangers unlike many of the posts that make me totally ignore the little numbers completely wink

#357345 - 12/22/12 10:26 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Tx for the positive feedback guys,

As you'll notice, the word "AWESOME" is used extremely frequently throughout this thread. To this very day, I have simply not found any other word that could describe my Audya more accurately. So maybe the topic title is much more relevant than may will care to admit... The word Audya is not included in the tiltle, so what's the fuss REALLY about. I think it's because the Audya turned out to be a lot more than predicted by some & now it hurts their feelings!

Some who own T4s who purchased Audyas after reading all of this, are beginning to use this very same word to describe their Audyas also, so I cannot be so far off the mark.

I try my utmost best not to bash other products, but rather highlight the outstanding feautures on the one that I use instead. To say there's not a SINGLE style on all of the Audya that could be used for playing one's music is a little PREMATURE I would say, and it prepares me for anything else that flows from the narrow mind of such an individual.

May God forbid that I EVER place myself on such a pedastil. "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble" springs to mind...

In any case, back to topic... The ease and simplicity with which major changes to styles can be accomplished on the Audya is hard to comprehend until one starts playing with it one self. Especially my talented onboard bass player & drummer do not seize to amaze me, even to this day. My hat of once again to those that conceived this concept & saw it grow & mature to where it is today. They are TRULY visionaries in our day & age. Our planet needs a lot more of those...

Henni

#357353 - 12/23/12 02:29 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

As you'll notice, the word "AWESOME" is used extremely frequently throughout this thread. To this very day, I have simply not found any other word that could describe my Audya more accurately.

Its a word I try not to use...but I have found myself doing so with reference to Audya...I can't think of anything better myself

I think it's because the Audya turned out to be a lot more than predicted by some & now it hurts their feelings!

It is very noticeable that the Audya hits a nerve with many on this forum, it has done even before it was released. Either the instrument or its owners have often been the target of abuse..it is very odd indeed. Thankfully now that most of the old arguments have been well and truly answered any mention of Ketron or Audya simply gets ignored in this section unless it annoys some of the regulars.

Some who own T4s who purchased Audyas after reading all of this, are beginning to use this very same word to describe their Audyas also, so I cannot be so far off the mark.

The experience has been exactly the same in the UK. Its very rare to see a used Audya, and I guarantee that those that do become available are from people who would love to be able to play well, but can't, so the Audya sits in their spare room because they do not know what to do with it. (no song library). Something we are working on in the UK.

I try my utmost best not to bash other products

me too, except just very occasionally I love to mention "TYROS = LATIN for beginner or novice" wink Its like poking a stick in a wasp nest..hehe. You have to be ready to run very fast.

My hat of once again to those that conceived this concept & saw it grow & mature to where it is today.

The Audya was the dream of Sandro and Robert.

I have to admit I do not listen to all your demo's.....man there are so many. But I appreciate your enthusiasm smile

#357354 - 12/23/12 03:00 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
You're completely right Dave, as always. And in fact I don't usually read posts on this thread that are posted by the OP. Nothing personal, I just have ZERO interest in the Audya or any other Ketron product. For the type of music that I like, I have never heard a Ketron style or demo that would inspire me to own one. As you said, I could choose to just ignore it.....but it keeps accumulating those little numbers......then I have to click on it in order to get rid of them.....then a post like NoteBender's catches my eye, then...........well, you know. Anyhow, I'll let you go back to watching reruns of GLEE.

Merry xmas,

chas

Chas,

You are right, as for the Audya some people cannot put it down once picked up, I am not certain what it is, the Wersi is the same, there is a small elite club that follow the two products, Loinstracs nearly made it into the fold but events overtook them and who knows where they are. There are a few SZERS that have Audya but looks now like only two, Bernie9 never speaks of his, not sure if he takes it on gigs. To go overboard on a product that you have bought is OK, Heenie appears to get more response than Bill Abacus on anything he puts up on SZ at the moment. There are both forums for Wersi and Audya Nigel saw to that for them, but no one goes there except a brave and true few, there they post to themselves, it's a bit like going shooting pheasant and when there are no pheasant to shoot barn doors and tin cans will do. Lets just face it both Wersi and Ketron are high end cost bits of kit that most can't afford to buy, built in very very small numbers and frankly would any audience know what the hell was being played if you had an Audya. The Wersi range and the Audya will perpetuate into nothing unless something changes dramatically. I sold my Audya 12 months ago, I don't miss it at all, it had some very good sounds and styles, it even had a left hand volume control God forbid??? The problem all Wesri and Audya owners have if things go wrong, where is your support and let's face it real testing of a product is best automatically derived when a product is made in vast numbers, any faults particularly in firmware will be wormed out by user interaction. Most people don't want to mess with software on a KB, Wersi and Audya you can mess your days away, most just want to site and play and are not seeking finite perfection. If I could play perfectly I might want dabble with software, I will get the playing right first..

#357356 - 12/23/12 03:24 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Hi Henni

1 & 3 are pretty much standard on all arrangers, however 2 (Scroll through the available Midi style loops) I like very much, (Particularly as they become active as soon as they are highlighted) although hopefully you can narrow it down to types of style rather than having to scroll through the whole database to find something that suits. (Much more user friendly than copy & paste)

I will definitely be suggesting this to Wersi for their instruments, as features like this can be added to software based arrangers/organs without worrying about running out of available resources. (Hopefully there will be enough demand for them to consider adding it)

Now if Ketron added Akai sample compatibility and a VST Host then that would really be something. (I would not consider purchasing a new arranger/organ without these features being available to me, as they are with my Abacus)

Regards

Bill

#357366 - 12/23/12 05:53 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

With, it seems to me, its closer kinship with Korg (sliders, strong drums, interesting basslines, etc.), I think I could go for an Audya, even though I've never seen nor heard one in the flesh.

Henni, how's the service aspect on your Audya been in SA? One of the great sticking points appears to be after sales service, especially here in North America. Some have dumped it for that very reason. Get that right, and I'd definitely be interested - hell, I've developed the necessary muscles after schlepping a Pa1XPro around for the last four years.:D

Where would I even find one in Canada? And an agent here would be a must. I wouldn't be interested in cross-border issues.

#357370 - 12/23/12 06:15 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE Glee. In fact, it's like homework for me.
smile

#357371 - 12/23/12 06:23 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Where would I even find one in Canada? And an agent here would be a must. I wouldn't be interested in cross-border issues.

You right to be impressed with the Audya but as you say the service is going to let it down, doubt very much if there is an agent in Canada, perhaps Ian will tell us.

Tony

#357375 - 12/23/12 06:42 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: abacus]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
...however 2 (Scroll through the available Midi style loops) I like very much,

Hi Bill,

I have to correct you here. The majority of those are REAL audio loops, not midi. This is where the Audya REALLY shines!!! The Drums, bass and live guitars are all pure audio loops for starters. Yes, they are named to their correct categories, so one can quickly scroll to the desired group and then slow scroll through those whils listening. Plus, they all play different sequences for different chords. There are more...but I'll let the experts explain.

AS for the rest of you enquiring about support, I really think that AJ & TWD should answer those...

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#357376 - 12/23/12 06:44 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
NoteBender Offline

Originally Posted By: NoteBender
Hi Henni,

Just wondered since you use the same thread most of the time if there is an SZ award for most viewed thread? lol whistle

My words were meant as a lighthearted comment, not that anything should change.

Edited by NoteBender (12/23/12 06:45 AM)

#357378 - 12/23/12 06:51 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
Henni Offline

Hi my friend,

In that case no offense taken! I am driven by my enthusiasm & the Audya deserves every little bit of enthusiasm I could muster. It is truly an arranger in a stand alone class of it's own. On top of this I state only facts, not heresay or my own superstiteous beliefs. I also do not lie. Just maybe thats why some of the stuff I post gets read.

I've had feedback from EVERYONE who've purchased Audyas & AJAMSONIC upgrades based on my postings, and they all thanked me for helping them to see the light. Not a single person was disappointed, even in the least!!!

Again negative predictions by some old sour grapes that the Audya will not evolve into anything more - my friend, you already sold yours. What's your interest in this then? The Audya will continue to lead & amaze - that's my prediction.

They say a prophet is measured by whether what he says comes true or not. Let's see which one of us will be right in the end. And then the mature thing to do would be for the one that's wrong to just SHUT UP in future!!!

Henni

#357379 - 12/23/12 07:06 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Many haven't played an Audya,.....it is certainly a force to be reckoned with once you understand & learn its OS...it sounds amazing and can do things no other arranger KB can. Don't waste your breath on the nay sayers ...just enjoy it and make great music, you have nothing to prove Henni to anyone.

Merry Xmas

YOU HAVE MAIL cool2

Edited by Dnj (12/23/12 07:21 AM)

#357381 - 12/23/12 07:12 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
NoteBender Offline

Hi Henni,

My words were meant as a lighthearted comment, not that anything should change.

It's amazing how my one and only post to this thread got highjacked into being negative.

I guess one just shouldn't make comments; even friendly ones

Edited by NoteBender (12/23/12 07:20 AM)

#357382 - 12/23/12 07:26 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
Henni Offline

Notebender,

I do not for the life of me understand how you could think that a bad remark like that will not draw negative response from me. You accused me of being after some "most read thread" award.

During my lifespan, I've written extensive software for various flight simulators, I've modified & uploaded a GREAT many styles for the Yamaha community, I've created a FAQ thread for the Ketron users and I've caused quite a few to purchase Audyas & Ajamsonic upgrades & made many aware of the wealth of styles over at the Create Songstyle forum. I do not waste my time by badmouthing someone else that has not caused me any personal harm. I create, I do not destroy!!! I build up, I do not trod down!!! I contribute, I do not critisize!!!

So tell me my friend, what have you been doing during all of this time? In future, rather don't make comments like those not expecting a fight...

Henni

#357385 - 12/23/12 07:36 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
NoteBender Offline

All I've done in my lifetime is try to live right from day to day.

I'm sorry you took offense to a comment I thought would be taken in jest and I apologize for this.

#357386 - 12/23/12 07:39 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
Henni Offline

Apologies gladly & unconditionally accepted. Let's now just forget about this incident.

All the best my friend,

Henni

#357388 - 12/23/12 08:11 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

I loved my Audya. Kept it two years plus with no problems. Sold it for about what I paid for it. I just seldom keep anything longer than that for several reasons.
I may go back to Ketron eventually. Nothing else sounds like it.
However there are many good choices in arrangers these days!
DonM

#357390 - 12/23/12 08:15 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Honestly Don you sounded your best on the Audya..

#357396 - 12/23/12 09:49 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Note bender, if it's any comfort to you, I grabbed right away that your original comment was light hearted. I don't know why it went south from there, either.

#357397 - 12/23/12 09:58 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

As to the Audya itself, one of the great sticking points appears to be after sales service, especially here in North America. I've never even seen one in the flesh and know of no dealers here in Canada. And I wouldn't want to be dealing in warranty issues cross border into the U.S. How is the service setup in S.A., Henni?

Get the service aspect right, and I might be interested - hell, I've developed the necessary muscles after schlepping a Pa1XPro around for the last four years.:D

#357418 - 12/23/12 12:10 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

I simply feel that anything that has as many people selling it and getting something else as die-hard adherents doesn't really deserve the tag 'AWESOME' (let alone repeated 3 times capitalized and three exclamation marks wink ) and as someone that uses and loves something few players felt that good about frown I think I can speak freely here!

#357423 - 12/23/12 12:19 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell I don't like to admit it Diki but you are right, Awesome is not the correct word for the Audya, I never said it was and I cannot recollect Don or Bernie9 saying it was and I know at least two people who have sold their Audya, 3 including me, 4 with DonM, so the keep rate is pretty low. Not sure Skude said his was Awesome either, it took him 2 years to get it working properly.

Tony

AWESOME is not a word I would use about the ketron guys when things go wrong!!! Henni KB has not played up yet??

#357426 - 12/23/12 12:34 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Why are we squabbling over a word? It is Christmas time. That is awesome too, to me. Maybe not to everyone. I didn't describe the Audya as awesome but I don't care if Henni does. Why should anyone?
This man spends nearly every waking hour bringing God's message through his music, without thought of profit. I wish I had bis passion and dedication
DonM

#357434 - 12/23/12 12:58 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Why are we squabbling over a word? It is Christmas time. That is awesome too, to me. Maybe not to everyone. I didn't describe the Audya as awesome but I don't care if Henni does. Why should anyone?
This man spends nearly every waking hour bringing God's message through his music, without thought of profit. I wish I had bis passion and dedication
DonM

AMEN!!!

#357435 - 12/23/12 12:58 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Tx DonM,

As for Diki: I've read numerous posts where you indicate that you love to change samples & the deeper things that are grey to me. You really seem to also be into the deep end of tweaking arrangers.

If you could for a short period only experience the ease by which major things can be accomplished on the Audya for yourself, just maybe you'll understand a little better.

But alas, as I can remember you were one of the main ones bad mouthing the Audya right from birth. There were hardly a thing on it that you did not critisize. I often felt sorry for Ketron in the abuse they had to take from you... You never intended getting one, but you very quickly became the self exclaimed expert on everything it could & could not do and where it would & would not go.

Nothing has changed in the meantime. Your grudge with the Audya lies far deeper than technical issues alone.

Yes, I'm not as clever or musically wise talented as you and most probably never will be. But I've owned a few arrangers in my lifespan and to me the Audya REALLY, REALLY, REALLY is AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!

And Diki, I'm sorry for saying it like it is. I have nothing personal against you, but sometimes you say things that are just not called for. I really hurted before for some of the things you said about Ketron. They were not justified in the least and you KNOW it!!!

Keep wel my intelligent friend,

Henni

To all the rest, I did not for a moment belittle the product that you are using. Over here I only highlighted the things on the Audya that impressed me. Why do you keep on reading here if you feel so strongly against it. I have no intention of letting go of this topic and as long as Nigel allows, you'll have to endure. Some have purchased Audyas based on this info, so NOT everyone sees it in the same light. Read it or ignore it. But why keep on bashing mine if I did not bash yours? What are the REAL motives behind some of you?

#357444 - 12/23/12 01:40 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Henni,

Early one there were a number of serious problems with the Audya and getting answers from Ketron was really bad news, I eventually got mine on an even keel and then sold it on. Yours must be some well built bit of kit, it must get bumped around, heated up, dusty and it's still going strong, I hope you never have it go wrong on you, history of getting it fixed is bad, it's no joke.. you love it you keep playing it and keep us posted.

Have a nice Christmas both of you.

Tony

#357445 - 12/23/12 01:42 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Henni Offline

...How is the service setup in S.A., Henni?

At the moment there is none. I bought my Audya from a friend over here who bought it straight from Ketron. How many of you really ever needed technical assistance on your arrangers? I've owned roughly 11 arrangers throughout my lifespan & I've never needed anything done on it except for the restoration DVDs that TWD sent me.

On top of this, I am super impressed by services rendered to myself by TWD & AJ. I'm totally convinced that, should I ever be in a hot spot, one of these two gents will take good care of me.

Tx Tony, same to you and yours. I have faith in my Audya, & even if I should have to buy a new one for whatever reason, I'll do so without hesitation.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#357449 - 12/23/12 03:02 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Henni,

Early one there were a number of serious problems with the Audya and getting answers from Ketron was really bad news, I eventually got mine on an even keel and then sold it on. Yours must be some well built bit of kit, it must get bumped around, heated up, dusty and it's still going strong, I hope you never have it go wrong on you, history of getting it fixed is bad, it's no joke.. you love it you keep playing it and keep us posted.

Have a nice Christmas both of you.

Tony

I did offer many times to sort out the problems with your Audya but you never took me up on the offer sadly.

#357450 - 12/23/12 03:17 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

The general reliability of most electronics is pretty good these days. However, there's always a chance that something will go wrong and at such times it's good to have competent service at hand. Going by the majority of Audya owners on here, 'close at hand' is a bit of a non-starter. If things are going good with yours, Henni, that's great. I wish you continued good fortune, but living where I do, I think I'd stick with a brand that I can get good, efficient service in a hurry. I can't afford otherwise.

#357451 - 12/23/12 03:32 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hardware problems on the Audya are virtually non existent, at least in the UK 99.9% of the time problems are either user error, settings or problems caused by hard drive mis-use. I can normally sort people out by email. Although we keep all the boards in stock, they are rarely called for. In 2012 I have had only two audya's in for repair. One on a keyboard where an engineer had left a screw sitting on the usb port connections after repairing some damage done by the customer to a switch top, the other is a pro user that had problems with an early Audya (long out of warranty) that we could not replicate in the workshop, so we swapped 100% of the internal parts to get him out of trouble (he just had to pay a small amount of labour).

#357457 - 12/23/12 04:05 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

^ Admirable stuff, TWD, but I couldn't be confident of that kind of service here if I owned one.

#357459 - 12/23/12 04:09 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

The Ketron service I have experienced is WAY WAY better than the way Korg treated me!
Nothing ever went wrong with my Audya, or my SD5, or SD1 or Midjay or X1. However when my Audya was first shipped it was damaged. They shipped another one and told me to send the first one to AJ, at their expense.
Having said this, I always have a backup in place for every piece of gear I use, including arrangers.
DonM

#357461 - 12/23/12 04:14 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

Don, do you have a Ketron service centre near you? I don't know of one up here in Canada, nor even a dealer. The one time in 11 years I called on Korg service, well, I couldn't have asked for better. It's unfortunate that you experienced poor Korg service in your neck of the woods.

#357464 - 12/23/12 04:21 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

No offense, but everything I criticized the Audya for were legitimate, and STILL are not fixed. As you recall my primary objection was that the audio chord selection was only three chords, and then 'extra' MIDI notes were added to the basic chord for some chord types, and some were switched entirely to MIDI only...

I still believe that this is an unacceptable compromise, particularly as modern computers CAN do a much wider chord selection choice and stream it in realtime. I can certainly hear it happening, and as the whole POINT of audio loops is for it to sound realistic, going from a six string guitar to an 8 string guitar for a mere 6/9 chord is hardly insignificant. Particularly as both Yamaha AND Korg have GENUINE guitar chord voicings being used for guitar parts.

Secondly, as far as I know, USER created audio song styles are still not possible to be done, with any degree of ease, if at all. Once again, unacceptable. Audio styles are basically, 'take it or leave it' there's next to nothing you can do to the part (other than substituting something else entirely) if it doesn't fit the song. Nothing has changed in this regard.

I'm sorry if you are frustrated with my criticism of your 'AWESOME!!!' arranger, but for one thing, I certainly don't feel that actually wanting to BUY one is the only reason one could have for pointing these FACTS out. In fact, all I have ever done is point out the reasons I would NOT buy one. They haven't changed!

And please... Ignore all the positive things I have ever said about the Audya all you like. I guess my criticisms are the only thing you remember, but that isn't the truth. I have said, many times, if what the Audya does OOTB is OK for you, there is MUCH that is great about the arranger. Multiple Break/Fills, key-triggered phrases, a genuine arpeggiator... the list goes on and on.

But, for me, the REAL reason to have an Audya would be the audio styles. And until they cover ALL (or at least most of the common ones) chords, until the choice of ROM or 3rd party styles covers MY needs, until the tools to easily use 3rd party audio loop content to create your OWN styles exists, and until service and dealership in the US improves radically, no matter HOW much you love (and capitalize that love!) your Audya, it remains something with great, but unrealized promise.

Now, if you don't ever want to read anything negative about the Audya by non-owners, you are simply going to have to hang out ONLY on Ketron forums (and close your eyes when you see owners actually pointing some of this stuff out)!

Sorry.

#357467 - 12/23/12 04:26 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

No Ketron service center near here. Also no Korg service center near here. I had to take it to Dallas, about 200 miles. The service people there were great. It's Korg who could not or would not get me a joystick module for more than three months.
I finally hired an attorney to pursue a claim against them for loss of income, cost of buying a replacement keyboard and aggravation.
They miraculously got a shipment of parts in the next day and finally apologized. If I had it to do over, I would just use a joystick from one of the Korg synths and forget the warranty. They are exactly the same, but Korg wouldn't authorize using one. It's a $20. part and took ten minutes to replace.
In all fairness, I had a faulty Yamaha PSR S900 a few years ago. I called Steve Deming, and he had a new one shipped that same day!
There is a repair center that does Yamaha and Roland here. He could work on Ketron if they asked.
To be honest, the instances I've mentioned here are the only problems I've ever had using arrangers virtually every night since they were invented. Oh wait, I had a joystick spring break on a Roland G800 about a week after I bought it. We took the spring out, cut off the broken piece and put it back in!
I suppose it is still working somewhere.
DonM

#357469 - 12/23/12 04:31 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Don, up until that ONE issue, have you ever had inferior service from Korg? I certainly can't remember seeing it as a constant, or even occasional issue.

I'm afraid we can't say that about Ketron. Things may be beginning to look up a bit, but even so, let us not forget the many years where dealing with Ketron often ending up trying to deal with Italy..!

#357480 - 12/23/12 09:14 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

No, but that's the only time I needed them. I had a PA80 some years ago, and briefly had Pa800 but didn't keep either of them long enough for them to break down. As a matter of fact, I haven't had this one long enough either.
As I said elsewhere, I was extremely vocal about how much I like the PA3X, and still do. I will also let people know the negatives, and for me that is service.
Everyone tells me they have had nothing but good service from Korg, so I'll shut up about it and move on. But I know how they ignored me and won't forget it soon.

#357481 - 12/23/12 10:21 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

In all fairness, I've posted so many demo songs over here that some would not even download them all, there are just that many. Aggreed, they are not even close to your standard of playing or in a general liked genre, but neither am I only a total novice player also. I could never hear the guitars dropping in & out like you've stated. Not to say it does not happen, only that it's not as noticable as you would indicate.

I remember only a short while ago TWD invited you once again to a duel on this issue which you did not accept. Why not? Lets see if things have improved over time...

As for the audio libraries - these have grown significantly over time. My question, what do you want in those libraries that you ALREADY have on other arrangers? Many, many users have already created their own drum loops and these are just awesome. You should listen to some free styles made available by aliehoe recently - really very nicely done at home. And you should listen to what Sokratis is doing at his studio...

Yes, I'm not aware that anyone other than AJ has ever created new live guitar loops and new arps & licks. But the very fact that AJ could do it in his studio, means that it CAN be done. All that is required is the know how. I don't know if AJ would be willing to share that, but if he does, this issue would also be put to bed!

As for service from Ketron, I cannot say anything & it's really not for me to say. I'll leave that issue to be answered by the big guns themselves.

No, I do not mind negative critisism as long as it's true and valid. Everyone should be made aware of those. But you are going way overboard on the chord issue & I would love for you to take TWD up once again on this challenge and SHOW us all how terrible this sounds when making everyday live music. Let's get a few MP3s out on that so that we all can hear what you are hearing. TWD can post his, and you can post yours. Please, letys post it over here and keep all the facts together in one thread, so that all who are interested in the Audya in feature can evaluate for themselves. I will never promote an issue that is not true. If you prove us wrong, I'll warn all future Audya owners of this drawback & then they can make up their own minds whether this will seriously effect their peformances or not.

Oh yes, and the other thing you initially critisized Ketrion for to no end, was the streaming from HD for the audio parts. Well, in the end it turned out to work a LOT better than other manufacturers method to try & do this from RAM. You were WRONG there my friend & you never apologised for that.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357483 - 12/23/12 10:34 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Stop pratting about, if you don't have a TWD near you you are shot in the head if you have a Ketron, TWD takes on the roll of manufacturer and that is not is job to do this, to my knowledge Ketron have never had a KB back for repair at their factory. Like TWD says in the UK there have not been many KB with hardware faults, locking up faults were software faults, I managed to fix mine. I have said this many times, you are dealing with a company that have no dealers or agents that have TWD, its a fact, if you buy an Audya then you need to be aware if thinks go wrong with hardware you may well struggle to get it put right, 124 you can get a Audya from Thomman in Germany and if it goes wrong you can send it back,they must send faulty KB back to Italy, I have heard there is some direct tie up with Thomman and Ketron not sure what it is. Audya is a great sounding KB but if you are out in Alaska or like Hennie in the middle of South Africa, its the risk you take, 124 if you like the KB buy the bloody thing and get on with playing it. If it goes wrong no doubt you will be the first to tell us, Don how's your Audya going on with its new owner. 124 your nearest man for repairs would be AJ, not sure if AJ is a TWD look a like and performes the same task that Ketron should do, I don't think AJ works for Ketron just like TWD doesn't. If you think about it, if you were a manufacturer and had dedicated people out in the field that love Ketron so much they will help people for nothing why would you want to change things, the problems really begins when something goes wrong with AJ or TWD..IMO this is mine choice in order, Tyros 4, Korg Pa3x, Audya tkaing into, BTW Colin from the UK bought Second Hand Korg Pa2x, it was about 3 years old, when he got it he found it had faulty blue LEDs twas a common fault, he spoke to Korg UK and they said send it back to us and we will repair it FOC, now thats waht I can service its was done in days. Action speaks louder than words.

You make you own mind up 124 I just stated the facts, I would think that Ketron will have ironed out all the problems with the Audya by now, really they should be thinking of Audya Lite Mark 2

#357484 - 12/23/12 10:40 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

^ Admirable stuff, TWD, but I couldn't be confident of that kind of service here if I owned one.

Maybe here in is your answer not hidden too deeply in the text, 124 maybe you have talked yourself out of buying one even if you did have a spare $6500

Go on talk yourself back into buying one, BTW 124 have you played an Audya???

BTW all, Hennie has more hits on this thread than any I know for a while, perhaps it is his subject title
"Awesome at last !!!" maybe we should all think about our titles when we post, like " New Awesome G70 LITE !!!" more hits than Gangbang Style, SZ goes into Meltdown, Diki you wouldn't be able to coupe with the pressure so lets not go there!!! rotfl

It take two people to operate an Audya heeeeeeee surprisedsounds good..

#357486 - 12/23/12 11:16 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Try and make your music as authentic as possible to the original

Love that second screen and that Sax sound not many KB could beat the Ketron Sax sound

I think this is a straight early Audya

#357487 - 12/23/12 11:22 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Tony,

Won't you please convert to MP3 and upload also. My bandwidth is a little limited & I'd like to hear.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357490 - 12/24/12 01:20 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tony,

Won't you please convert to MP3 and upload also. My bandwidth is a little limited & I'd like to hear.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Henni, did you know can convert Youtube videos to MP3 yourself using sites like http://www.video2mp3.net/ Simply paste in the youtube.com URL and it will convert the audio to a MP3 you can download. That way you don't have to rely on other people doing it for you.

#357492 - 12/24/12 01:51 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Henni Offline

Hi Nigel,

No, I did not know that. Tx for the info.

All the best my friend,

Henni

#357493 - 12/24/12 04:00 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hennie food you ever get my email?

#357495 - 12/24/12 04:06 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

No, I've never received any email from you. Did you send to:

hennie.vanrooyen@exxaro.com

or

buildtofly@yahoo.com

Those are my two locations. First one from work, 2nd my private. I'll receive mail on any of the two.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357496 - 12/24/12 04:09 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Another quick example of what could be done to a style in less than 10 minutes. I'm not saying it's anything special, but it will indicate the difference between the original EMC converted one and the onboard Audya modification.

Just a short section played in variation 4 for each one.

Note: You HAVE to listen to both to appreciate the difference. To do this to the rest of ther style will not take longer than 30 minutes at the most. In my opinion, no other arranger can accomlish this.

Henni

Attachments
20.zip (66 downloads)
21.zip (24 downloads)

#357497 - 12/24/12 04:52 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Sorry all,

Absolutely no idea why I zipped those files. Here we go again...

Another quick example of what could be done to a style in less than 10 minutes. I'm not saying it's anything special, but it will indicate the difference between the original EMC converted one and the onboard Audya modification.

Just a short section played in variation 4 for each one.

Note: You HAVE to listen to both to appreciate the difference. To do this to the rest of ther style will not take longer than 30 minutes at the most. In my opinion, no other arranger can accomlish this.

Henni

Attachments
20.mp3 (44 downloads)
21.mp3 (56 downloads)

#357498 - 12/24/12 05:37 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Found this while looking up the TRUE meaning of the word, however, I'm sure it only applies to Americans.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awesome

chas

#357500 - 12/24/12 06:09 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi Dnj,

No, I've never received any email from you. Did you send to:

hennie.vanrooyen@exxaro.com

or

buildtofly@yahoo.com

Those are my two locations. First one from work, 2nd my private. I'll receive mail on any of the two.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Ill try your yahoo account now check it again soon

#357501 - 12/24/12 06:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
124 Offline

Stop pratting about, if you don't have a TWD near you you are shot in the head if you have a Ketron, TWD takes on the roll of manufacturer and that is not is job to do this, to my knowledge Ketron have never had a KB back for repair at their factory. Like TWD says in the UK there have not been many KB with hardware faults, locking up faults were software faults, I managed to fix mine. I have said this many times, you are dealing with a company that have no dealers or agents that have TWD, its a fact, if you buy an Audya then you need to be aware if thinks go wrong with hardware you may well struggle to get it put right, 124 you can get a Audya from Thomman in Germany and if it goes wrong you can send it back,they must send faulty KB back to Italy, I have heard there is some direct tie up with Thomman and Ketron not sure what it is. Audya is a great sounding KB but if you are out in Alaska or like Hennie in the middle of South Africa, its the risk you take, 124 if you like the KB buy the bloody thing and get on with playing it. If it goes wrong no doubt you will be the first to tell us, Don how's your Audya going on with its new owner. 124 your nearest man for repairs would be AJ, not sure if AJ is a TWD look a like and performes the same task that Ketron should do, I don't think AJ works for Ketron just like TWD doesn't. If you think about it, if you were a manufacturer and had dedicated people out in the field that love Ketron so much they will help people for nothing why would you want to change things, the problems really begins when something goes wrong with AJ or TWD..IMO this is mine choice in order, Tyros 4, Korg Pa3x, Audya tkaing into, BTW Colin from the UK bought Second Hand Korg Pa2x, it was about 3 years old, when he got it he found it had faulty blue LEDs twas a common fault, he spoke to Korg UK and they said send it back to us and we will repair it FOC, now thats waht I can service its was done in days. Action speaks louder than words.

You make you own mind up 124 I just stated the facts, I would think that Ketron will have ironed out all the problems with the Audya by now, really they should be thinking of Audya Lite Mark 2

I alreadu have, Tony. But thanks for the 'advice' anyway.

#357507 - 12/24/12 06:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Found this while looking up the TRUE meaning of the word, however, I'm sure it only applies to Americans.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=awesome

chas

Oh Chas,

We all know what Awesome means in this context, it means AUDYA, we don't need spoon feeding, I'm nearly 70, back
to the day job!!! rotf2 we are fast learners here on SZ Chas, now we have 141 pages of it. And no we do use Awesome in the UK we just don't use the word BIG with it, ie Awesomely Big duel

Have a Awesome Christmas if you must. party

Tony

#357509 - 12/24/12 07:02 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend! I really, but really appreciate.

Have a blessed Christmast.

Henni

#357510 - 12/24/12 07:07 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend! I really, but really appreciate.

Have a blessed Christmast.

Henni

Hennie enjoy.........found some more goodies comin your way..

#357511 - 12/24/12 07:09 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Tony,

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Henni, did you know can convert Youtube videos to MP3 yourself using sites like http://www.video2mp3.net/ Simply paste in the youtube.com URL and it will convert the audio to a MP3 you can download. That way you don't have to rely on other people doing it for you.

Thanks for that Nigel, we forget some of us are not so fortunate to have high speed BB, I am on 40Mb all on fibre, I went
searching this morning and found this site.

Tony

WENT ON THIS SITE A FEW MINS AGO I DID NOT LIKE WHAT POPPED UP !!!!! AWESOME IS NOT WHAT COMES TO MIND !!!!

I WON'T BE USING IT

Edited by Tony Hughes (12/24/12 07:23 AM)

#357525 - 12/24/12 08:43 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend!!!

All the best,

Henni

#357528 - 12/24/12 08:57 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Hi Dnj,

Thank you so much my kind friend!!!

All the best,

Henni

Hennie enjoy buddy......Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo

#357578 - 12/25/12 06:50 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

If you can't hear it, Henni, you are lucky. I am used to doing gigs with guitar players. In fact some of the most favorite things I like to do is simply play live, LH bass and RH over a drum pattern, and have an acoustic guitarist play with me.

If you expose the guitar part to that extent in a Ketron, the change from MIDI to audio, at least for me, is VERY apparent. And the simple addition of MIDI notes to make more complex chords, rather than a total revoice, even more so.

Bury them in a complex mix, and sure... you can get away with it. And yes, probably only 10% of your audience can hear it. But your audience isn't sitting in front of the keys 100% of the time it gets played. The player is! THAT'S who needs to be fooled by it...

Look, guitar picking and strumming patterns are still the hardest thing to do accurately on any keyboard. But how high or low you set your bar is the determining factor in whether you are satisfied or not. Unfortunately, I set my bar VERY high.

#357589 - 12/25/12 11:08 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi Diki,

I accept your word for it. Luckily, for the way in which I use my Audya, it poses no problem whatsoever.

But I know that you are into advance music and that you are an absolute perfectionist, so I can understand your viewpoint also.

Thanks for your response and a happy & safe festive season for you and yours my friend,

Henni

#357591 - 12/26/12 01:27 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Diki,

I know that you are into advance music and that you are an absolute perfectionist

Henni

Yes Henni,

That's why he has a G70 and you have an Audya.. rotf2 rotf2

You stick to your Audya, I have had both, I could spot the difference a mile away, with or without the Tinnitus sofa

Happy New Year Henni

BTW have you seen what Rico plays as his lead KB, the one he has on the top, most of the noise comes from that one.

#357592 - 12/26/12 02:03 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

WENT ON THIS SITE A FEW MINS AGO I DID NOT LIKE WHAT POPPED UP !!!!! AWESOME IS NOT WHAT COMES TO MIND !!!!

I WON'T BE USING IT

Hmmm that wasn't the most informative post. You post in red and in caps and say nothing understandable. You want to try posting something in English so we can understand what the problem was? We can't read your mind.

#357593 - 12/26/12 02:11 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi Diki, I know I keep mentioning it, but you do keep bringing it up:) The only time Midi cuts in is when you hit an odd guitar inversion of a complex chord (and even then its only on a small handful of little used chord types), if you play the way you do and it bothers you (I like to play like that too, particularly in the first phrase of a song), you simply make sure you know the 'guitarists inversions' and your good to go. If you hit a midi inversion accidentally, its not such a big deal, just pretend your guitarist had one too many on that particular night and don't do it again wink If you use these chords often you quickly get to know which inversions 'not' to play, in a mix of a full blown style its not noticeable...but as you say, it can be noticeable on some styles (but not all) if your using only strumming guitars on the left (with no other accompaniment) and you hit that certain inversion. It affects only the Live Strumming Guitars - Arpeggios are consistent. I don't know why this is, maybe the acoustic guitarist did not know, or was not able to play every single inversion of every single chord type? Can a guitarist even play every inversion? I don't know. Whatever the reason, only 0.1% of owners will come across this, but there is a solution as mentioned.

In real life, I have never heard any other person mention this as an obstacle - except Ian who had a slightly different take on the subject, but that was resolved in the Great Complex Chord Battle right here on SZ. In the MP3 examples Ian asked for samples of, the Midi guitars did not even cut in at all. Anyone reading this who wants to compares Yamaha's handling of those chords against Ketron's can search for it. It must be two years ago?

#357594 - 12/26/12 02:20 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I WON'T BE USING IT

Hmmm that wasn't the most informative post. You post in red and in caps and say nothing understandable. You want to try posting something in English so we can understand what the problem was? We can't read your mind.

I think Tony was talking about the MP3 conversion site - not SZ, I guess he paid for that sites hosting and software by viewing an advertisement for something offensive? Perhaps it was target advertising for the local Old Folks Home? (sorry Tony..only joking! laugh )

#357598 - 12/26/12 03:26 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

I WON'T BE USING IT

It was child pornography at lot of so called FREE sites have darker sides to them when you press GO! I just wasn't impressed, just thought most would think it was something nasty, without me going into detail.

#357599 - 12/26/12 03:27 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude

I WON'T BE USING IT

I think Tony was talking about the MP3 conversion site - not SZ, I guess he paid for that sites hosting and software by viewing an advertisement for something offensive? Perhaps it was target advertising for the local Old Folks Home? (sorry Tony..only joking! laugh )

Must be an English thing TWD, but well spotted you were nearly there.

I would have been worried if you didn't understand??

#357609 - 12/26/12 07:55 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude

In real life, I have never heard any other person mention this as an obstacle - except Ian who had a slightly different take on the subject, but that was resolved in the Great Complex Chord Battle right here on SZ. In the MP3 examples Ian asked for samples of, the Midi guitars did not even cut in at all. Anyone reading this who wants to compares Yamaha's handling of those chords against Ketron's can search for it. It must be two years ago?

My take was that the guitar voicings weren't really correct for some of the complex chords, especially those with bass inversions. Yes, the bass notes were handled by the audio bass guitar track, but sometimes you want to start a verse with just rhythm/arpeggio guitar(s)and sometimes, yes, those chords might be bass inversion, and the examples I heard (and asked for) did not address this issue.

Otherwise the Audya sounds very impressive, and I have no other issue with it's great audio styles other than the minor one above.

Yamaha's latest Style Player with GE (Guitar Effect) covers these chords very effectively...again, a small issue, but a detail that may matter to some players.

Ian

#357646 - 12/26/12 02:00 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Perfectionist? Hardly!

All I am guilty of is exposing the guitar parts, not burying them, and perhaps playing stuff with more than simple chords!

And trust me, my G70 is no better at getting guitar parts right! Currently, I think the PA3X and T4 do the best job of that...

You know, it's possible to criticize something without claiming that what one has is better!

#357656 - 12/26/12 04:20 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

It was child pornography at lot of so called FREE sites have darker sides to them when you press GO! I just wasn't impressed, just thought most would think it was something nasty, without me going into detail.

Wow, I have never seen anything like that there. It sounds like their ad server has most likely been hacked. That is usually the case when porn and viruses appear on respectable websites and that site has always been respectable for many years. And it is not really a free website. It is only free for conversions if you don't mind putting up with waiting for the ads. Paid subscription removes those annoyances.

But thanks for telling me what the actual problem was.

#357665 - 12/26/12 10:34 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Nigel]
Henni Offline

Diki,

I'll admit to one thing: The G70 has AWESOME styles. Like someone commented somewhere else, Roland does not need Mega, or SA or Live or any other type of souped up voices to create GREAT styles. They use standard off the shelf midi voices and do a great job with it.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#357667 - 12/26/12 11:13 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

And trust me, my G70 is no better at getting guitar parts right!

No, but it isn't too shabby, considering the instrument is several years old...one wonders how well Roland would compete if they had made a next generation G-series (or E-series) arranger, using SuperNatural voices and a tweaked style engine.

Quite likely, they'd be very competitive, indeed.

The drums and bass style tracks were already very good, and right up there with the Audya in most respects, certainly in the "liveness" area.

Ian

#357670 - 12/26/12 11:31 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Diki,

I'll admit to one thing: The G70 has AWESOME styles. Like someone commented somewhere else, Roland does not need Mega, or SA or Live or any other type of souped up voices to create GREAT styles. They use standard off the shelf midi voices and do a great job with it.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

You got Tinnitus as well Hennie, need to get it checked out rotf2

#357680 - 12/27/12 01:22 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

The thing that really ticked me off about the G70 was that it had something VERY much like the Korg Guitar Mode. It automatically voiced guitar chords for correct notes, and would also move up or down the neck, depending on where in the Chord Recognition area you played the chord. Amazing...! It would do fast strums, up and down, slow strums, picking patterns, thumps, squeaks, you name it.

But they forgot to finish it! It ended up being a realtime feature only. Unlike Korg, they never set the arranger section up so you could use it as part of a style. You could ONLY play it in realtime, or record it into an SMF.

Facepalm..! computer

I think part of the problem was that it needed a 'guide' track - the notes other than the chord that determined whether you got an upstroke, downstroke, choke, etc.. Problem back then was, Roland's could only have ONE 'drum Track' in a style. A non-transposing track. Because if you change key, transpose, etc., you don't want those 'trigger notes' to move, or you'd get an upstroke when there should be a choke, etc..

Thing is, modern Roland's CAN have multiple Drum Tracks. The very thing that was needed to make the feature work is now a standard part of the OS.

But where did the Guitar Mode go to?

Sometimes, I think Roland use their arranger division as a place to banish their most incompetent designers to, if they can't fire them! The list of dropped great features is longer than the current list of them...

#358591 - 01/12/13 11:47 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

This is how the Audya sounds with non Ketron, non professional 3rd party styles converted for it, same as for any other brand, only tweaked just a little...

Henni

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online