SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17 >
Topic Options
#351956 - 10/01/12 10:35 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Also listen how everything changes right at the end of the tune by me simply playing a little more violently with my right hand.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Henni ... the recordings sound VERY good ...
I am not comparing the KBs, but my ancient technics kn1000 had a feature called Dynamic Accompaniment that did something similar in that it changed how the rhythm was played based on what the right hand was doing ... so if I were doing a more 'animated' solo in a song, the rhythm would become more animated as well ... unfortunately, they did not keep that feature in some of their later models ...

#352007 - 10/01/12 11:06 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Tony,

Thank you my friend - they were done with me sitting in a recliner, Audya casually on my lap & Monica standing in front of me with the microphone. I never realized recordings could be so easy & what you hear is what you record - AWESOME!!! We are not interested in studio like recordings, but rather in recording live as if we perform in real life.

Yes, controlling the style based on how you play is really an AWESOME feature. But it does take a lot of practice to use correctly. I'm trying to do just that. So far I can control drum fills with my right hand anytime I want - this alone is AWESOME!!!

Now I must learn to control those live guitars in a realistic way. In my example, it's way overdone, but I did it just to show that it can be done.

On most of the styles, the effect is much more mild, what I mean it will change into a strum at more or less the same sound level. This I like as I find this very easy to control.

My AJAMSONIC upgrade will be delivered soon. That includes a new auto guitar strumming feature that can be controlled by playing a chord plus one extra key. I'm really looking forward to this. Plus many of the new styles will come in 32 measures, which makes everything sound even more natural.

I'm still blown away by my Audya on a daily basis, & just about everyday I discover a new & neat feature that makes it even more unique. There are a great deal of features on it which are not overly discussed and as such not even known to many of it's owners. That's why AJ's tutorial video is an absolute MUST have for me!

Yamaha blows every little thing they do right out of proportion as if it's a MAJOR breakthrough - I find Ketron to be just the opposite in this regard.

Buying the Audya was certainly one of the best decisions I've yet made in my life. I have NO regrets whatsoever. There is really nothing about it that anoys me, not even in the least. I find the operating system so user friendly & easy to use and what can be done onboard with the styles is just amazing!!!

@Machetero: Thank you for your kind feedback. We are not even cose to being pro's, but we really enjoy what we do. And I enjoy sharing these with others, although not too many are interested or impressed by our genre of music. However, to us this is a lifestyle and a passion which brings us much joy & much fulfillment.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#352379 - 10/08/12 10:11 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I do not mean to bore anyone, but many contacted me personally already voicing their new praises for the Audya based on these, informing me that this was EXACTLY what they wanted to hear - the unedited live & casual day to day use of the Audya at home.

So then, these are links to all our current songs, oldest top, newest bottom, very casually, & I mean very casually recorded direct live to our Audya. It will let you hear what the Audya sounds like in the hands of a novice. a Pro can make ANYTHING sound spectacular, but these recordings will give you an good idea of the day to day sound of the Audya when used in your own home.

Everything improves towards the bottom as I find my feet with this AWESOME arranger as we progress on a day to day basis. Casual live recordings are becoming a real breeze indeed.

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here
or
here

here
or
here
or
here

Our AJAMSONIC upgrade should arrive anytime this week, which will improve everything even more...Hard to believe, but true. This is the MOST realistic sounding arranger I've EVER heard!

And I gather from reading between the lines that Ketron is already busy with another MAJOR improvement - either to the existing Audyas or maybe in the form of a new model. These guys will not be caught with their pants down by any other manufacturer! They will ALWAYS be the leaders in this technology.

Keep well all my arranger friends,

Henni

#352381 - 10/08/12 11:07 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great stuff Henni!
I love the Audya, but Ketron isn't always on the cutting edge of technology. They still use a Serial-type proprietary connector for the foot controllers. Until the Audya, they still included a floppy disk drive! And the pre-Audya operating system was really archaic, at least up to the Midjay, when they changed to a more windows-like interface.
Musically though, they certainly have it together.
DonM

#352406 - 10/09/12 05:14 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just about all the arrangers out there that use multi-switch pedals all have different connectors. This, compared to streaming audio (Yamaha are only JUST exploring this), key triggered phrases, arpeggiators, etc. seems an awfully minor niggle.

What bugs me mostly about the Audya is that, although technologically way ahead of everything else, what it is trying to do needs technology even MORE advanced. Once RAM pipelines are up to speed, and SSD's are leveraged to stream more, and faster, it may become the thing it just hints at now.

But, as I always keep bringing up, unless Ketron develop and release easy to use tools to allow the user to easily import 3rd party loop libraries to be turned into style elements, it is still going to be a niche product. There is a world of amazing loops out there. Ketron obviously cannot make styles fast enough or cheap enough to compete with the huge Yamaha or Roland libraries, and bottom line, it doesn't MATTER what the arranger can do if the style library is so limited that you don't get to use it much.

A simple to use audio styles creator software package would help this arranger get the respect it deserves.

#352640 - 10/12/12 03:23 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

We put all our latest music on a CD recently & I handed these out to some of my friends at work.

One person who is involved in sound & recording, was stunned by the quality of the recordings (note, I'm not saying stunned by our music, but stunned by the quality in which it was recorded). He found it hard to believe that this quality could be achieved by simply recording live direct to the HD of the Audya.

So, another superb feature of the Audya - the recordings are perfect. Just thought I should share this with you all.

Originally Posted By: Diki
A simple to use audio styles creator software package would help this arranger get the respect it deserves.

Hi Diki,

Don't forget, I can take ANY style, be it converted from another arranger, & then quickly & easily for each different variation, add:

1. Live onboard drums
2. Live onboard grooves
3. Live onboard bass
4. Like onboard arps & licks
5. Live onboard guitars
6. Live onboard user created drums (already being created by everyday users)
7. Live onboard user created live guitars (yes, only these ones are hard to do yourself)

to it. It is hard to comprehend just WHAT this does for the original style. (Don't forget, you can also attach 18 different wav files of your choice, transposed and synced automatically to the rest of the style, to the different parts of any style as demonstrated in a video somewhere in this same thread.

This procedure is so easy & quick to do that even a child could do it. I need no complex style creation software, neither do I need any more audio loops. There are just THAT many onboard ones to choose from...My AJAMSONIC update is with our customs. I'll have it in a day or two. It brings with it hundreds, if not over a thousand additional live professional audio tracks that can be added to the already impressive variety of ones onboard!

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#352657 - 10/12/12 08:50 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yes Henni... it is the full nature of the audio styles that I was talking about, not just audio drums.

The thing is, I'm not talking of taking already created content and adding it to other styles. I'm talking about making NEW styles. One of the things I have noticed about the Ketron 'sound' is a decided lean towards Euro-centric styles and grooves. There's a lot of stuff that either is under-represented or not represented at all with regard to US styles. Now, this isn't surprising, given Ketron's main market is over in the EU, but as audio styles (complete ones, not just drums) are much harder to produce, the speed with which us more 'niche' markets gets addressed (LOL... the US a 'niche' market!) is pretty slow.

There are some pretty amazing loop libraries of guitar picking and strumming, bass loops and other things out there. Being able to easily import them would help broaden the appeal of the Audya, IMO.

The thing about this technology is, the logical conclusion of it is, ALL style parts being audio. But currently, other than the drums and bass, any chordal style part suffers from the streaming not being fast enough to cope with more than three main chord types, and only on the one Part.

All I am saying is, by the time modern computer standards are implemented (those are some pretty dated specs for data transfer compared to a modern computer), this arranger will finally deliver the promise it holds out right now.

I have always said, if the content the Audya comes with suits you fine, it is an extraordinarily good sounding arranger as is. The problem starts when you find yourself doing music it doesn't really address. For instance, I do a LOT of reggae. There is ONE reggae audio style in the factory list. That's not going to cut it for me. No New Orleans type beats, Cajun, and many other local styles.

If it was easy for ME to make audio styles, I could use it. But if the groove isn't already in the arranger, you are out of luck. There are some people making styles for the Audya, but they tend to be of limited use unless you are Baltic or Mediterranean!

An amazing arranger without sufficient CONTENT I can use is of limited value.

Maybe in another ten years...!

#353283 - 10/21/12 09:22 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Our latest (note, this is in our native tongue) I think it's our best yet, although we need to practice some more... This Audya is AWESOME!!!

Keep well all,

Henni

#353641 - 10/27/12 06:04 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

My AJAMSONIC hard drive is installed. All my 2011 & 2012 updates back in place.

I spent most of the night watching the two DVDS. AWESOME!!! I learned so much. I never knew such complex things could be achieved with the Audya. Too bad the nay sayers cannot watch these DVDs. They'll be impressed to the very extreme...

There are so many, many new styles. I listened to the intro and only bits of each variation of each style. This took more than three hours, there are just that many. Voice selections are excellent!!! I am very much impressed with these new styles. They are of very high quality indeed!

Next I played with the talking choir voices. They have to be loaded into RAM before one can use them. AWESOME!!! I'll find much use for those. There are close to if not more than one thousand three hundred extra complete drum loops. a Great many new live guitar audio sections. No ways to go through all of these in a single day. I'll report back on these after quite some time after I tried them out thoroughly.

Many, many, a GREAT many awesome MP3s, Midis & waves supplied. They will be handy for anyone in the gigging business.

Have not touched the harmonizer as yet. I'm so tired from the lack of sleep that I do not feel to rig up for singing as yet. I'll re-install all my registries & user styles next.

Will give some more detailed feedback later. I am extremely happy with the purchase & it was money well spent. I'll recommend to anyone without any hesitation - go for it!!!

Henni

#353778 - 10/30/12 11:19 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

This Audya, & especially my new AJAMSONIC upgrade, keeps on blowing me away. Here is just another reason as to why.

Henni

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi AJ,

How did you play those "Hey...Whow" voices simultaneously in your "A Hot Gospel 5" demo?

Kind regards,

Hennie

Originally Posted By: AJ
Hennie,

You can accomplish this by doing the following (also explained in DVD manual).

USING PROGRAM.
Once you've loaded both voices into RAM, go to PROGRAM and select a program you want to edit (preferably in the CHOIR section).
* Press EDIT to enter the program EDIT mode.
* Press F1 to go to voice 1 and then press RAM/INS to enter the RAM voice pages.
* Turn wheel to get the HEY voice.
* Press F1 again to go to voice 2 and then press RAM to enter the RAM pages once more. Turn wheel to get the WHOW voice next. These should be displayed in capital letters, otherwise you are still in the ROM voices in AUDYA.
* Press USER5/10 to enter the CONTROL page and go to CONTROL 2/2.
* Press F3 to access the VELOCITY (how hard you press before a voice is heard).
* For voice 1, set Velocity 0-90 (when you play soft, you will hear this voice).
* For voice 2, set Velocity 89-127 (when you play a little harder, you will hear this voice). I use 89 as a cross (versus starting the 2nd voice at 91) so that there is a time when if you press just right, you get both.
* Test to your touch.
* Now press USER 4/9 (Effects SEND) and add REVERB (23 to V1 and 50 to V2 - you want V2 to have a 'sustain' effect and not just end when you release the key). I would also recommend adding Chorus to V1 (voice 1).
* Test and if ok, press SAVE and User 5/10 to save your new Program which will be loaded whenever keyboard is powered on.

*** As you play the voice, remember - when you play soft, you will hear (HEY). When you press HARD, you will hear WHOW. You can (as we did) play with 2 fingers hard to get HEY and 3 fingers soft to get WHOW. A few tricks as you play gives you control over when these voices come in as opposed to assigning to the styles engine (which you can still do with STYLE VIEW) and having choir voices come at the same place the same time over and over again.

Feel free to share the response above with the forum....

AJ

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online