SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >
Topic Options
#357330 - 12/22/12 02:56 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Henni my friend, you keep posting here, its relevant to arrangers unlike many of the posts that make me totally ignore the little numbers completely wink

#357345 - 12/22/12 10:26 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Tx for the positive feedback guys,

As you'll notice, the word "AWESOME" is used extremely frequently throughout this thread. To this very day, I have simply not found any other word that could describe my Audya more accurately. So maybe the topic title is much more relevant than may will care to admit... The word Audya is not included in the tiltle, so what's the fuss REALLY about. I think it's because the Audya turned out to be a lot more than predicted by some & now it hurts their feelings!

Some who own T4s who purchased Audyas after reading all of this, are beginning to use this very same word to describe their Audyas also, so I cannot be so far off the mark.

I try my utmost best not to bash other products, but rather highlight the outstanding feautures on the one that I use instead. To say there's not a SINGLE style on all of the Audya that could be used for playing one's music is a little PREMATURE I would say, and it prepares me for anything else that flows from the narrow mind of such an individual.

May God forbid that I EVER place myself on such a pedastil. "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble" springs to mind...

In any case, back to topic... The ease and simplicity with which major changes to styles can be accomplished on the Audya is hard to comprehend until one starts playing with it one self. Especially my talented onboard bass player & drummer do not seize to amaze me, even to this day. My hat of once again to those that conceived this concept & saw it grow & mature to where it is today. They are TRULY visionaries in our day & age. Our planet needs a lot more of those...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#357353 - 12/23/12 02:29 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni

As you'll notice, the word "AWESOME" is used extremely frequently throughout this thread. To this very day, I have simply not found any other word that could describe my Audya more accurately.

Its a word I try not to use...but I have found myself doing so with reference to Audya...I can't think of anything better myself

I think it's because the Audya turned out to be a lot more than predicted by some & now it hurts their feelings!

It is very noticeable that the Audya hits a nerve with many on this forum, it has done even before it was released. Either the instrument or its owners have often been the target of abuse..it is very odd indeed. Thankfully now that most of the old arguments have been well and truly answered any mention of Ketron or Audya simply gets ignored in this section unless it annoys some of the regulars.

Some who own T4s who purchased Audyas after reading all of this, are beginning to use this very same word to describe their Audyas also, so I cannot be so far off the mark.

The experience has been exactly the same in the UK. Its very rare to see a used Audya, and I guarantee that those that do become available are from people who would love to be able to play well, but can't, so the Audya sits in their spare room because they do not know what to do with it. (no song library). Something we are working on in the UK.

I try my utmost best not to bash other products

me too, except just very occasionally I love to mention "TYROS = LATIN for beginner or novice" wink Its like poking a stick in a wasp nest..hehe. You have to be ready to run very fast.

My hat of once again to those that conceived this concept & saw it grow & mature to where it is today.

The Audya was the dream of Sandro and Robert.

I have to admit I do not listen to all your demo's.....man there are so many. But I appreciate your enthusiasm smile

#357354 - 12/23/12 03:00 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
You're completely right Dave, as always. And in fact I don't usually read posts on this thread that are posted by the OP. Nothing personal, I just have ZERO interest in the Audya or any other Ketron product. For the type of music that I like, I have never heard a Ketron style or demo that would inspire me to own one. As you said, I could choose to just ignore it.....but it keeps accumulating those little numbers......then I have to click on it in order to get rid of them.....then a post like NoteBender's catches my eye, then...........well, you know. Anyhow, I'll let you go back to watching reruns of GLEE.

Merry xmas,

chas

Chas,

You are right, as for the Audya some people cannot put it down once picked up, I am not certain what it is, the Wersi is the same, there is a small elite club that follow the two products, Loinstracs nearly made it into the fold but events overtook them and who knows where they are. There are a few SZERS that have Audya but looks now like only two, Bernie9 never speaks of his, not sure if he takes it on gigs. To go overboard on a product that you have bought is OK, Heenie appears to get more response than Bill Abacus on anything he puts up on SZ at the moment. There are both forums for Wersi and Audya Nigel saw to that for them, but no one goes there except a brave and true few, there they post to themselves, it's a bit like going shooting pheasant and when there are no pheasant to shoot barn doors and tin cans will do. Lets just face it both Wersi and Ketron are high end cost bits of kit that most can't afford to buy, built in very very small numbers and frankly would any audience know what the hell was being played if you had an Audya. The Wersi range and the Audya will perpetuate into nothing unless something changes dramatically. I sold my Audya 12 months ago, I don't miss it at all, it had some very good sounds and styles, it even had a left hand volume control God forbid??? The problem all Wesri and Audya owners have if things go wrong, where is your support and let's face it real testing of a product is best automatically derived when a product is made in vast numbers, any faults particularly in firmware will be wormed out by user interaction. Most people don't want to mess with software on a KB, Wersi and Audya you can mess your days away, most just want to site and play and are not seeking finite perfection. If I could play perfectly I might want dabble with software, I will get the playing right first..
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357356 - 12/23/12 03:24 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Henni

1 & 3 are pretty much standard on all arrangers, however 2 (Scroll through the available Midi style loops) I like very much, (Particularly as they become active as soon as they are highlighted) although hopefully you can narrow it down to types of style rather than having to scroll through the whole database to find something that suits. (Much more user friendly than copy & paste)

I will definitely be suggesting this to Wersi for their instruments, as features like this can be added to software based arrangers/organs without worrying about running out of available resources. (Hopefully there will be enough demand for them to consider adding it)

Now if Ketron added Akai sample compatibility and a VST Host then that would really be something. (I would not consider purchasing a new arranger/organ without these features being available to me, as they are with my Abacus)

Regards

Bill

#357366 - 12/23/12 05:53 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

With, it seems to me, its closer kinship with Korg (sliders, strong drums, interesting basslines, etc.), I think I could go for an Audya, even though I've never seen nor heard one in the flesh.

Henni, how's the service aspect on your Audya been in SA? One of the great sticking points appears to be after sales service, especially here in North America. Some have dumped it for that very reason. Get that right, and I'd definitely be interested - hell, I've developed the necessary muscles after schlepping a Pa1XPro around for the last four years.:D

Where would I even find one in Canada? And an agent here would be a must. I wouldn't be interested in cross-border issues.

#357370 - 12/23/12 06:15 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE Glee. In fact, it's like homework for me.
smile

#357371 - 12/23/12 06:23 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: 124

Where would I even find one in Canada? And an agent here would be a must. I wouldn't be interested in cross-border issues.

You right to be impressed with the Audya but as you say the service is going to let it down, doubt very much if there is an agent in Canada, perhaps Ian will tell us.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357375 - 12/23/12 06:42 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: abacus]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: abacus
...however 2 (Scroll through the available Midi style loops) I like very much,

Hi Bill,

I have to correct you here. The majority of those are REAL audio loops, not midi. This is where the Audya REALLY shines!!! The Drums, bass and live guitars are all pure audio loops for starters. Yes, they are named to their correct categories, so one can quickly scroll to the desired group and then slow scroll through those whils listening. Plus, they all play different sequences for different chords. There are more...but I'll let the experts explain.

AS for the rest of you enquiring about support, I really think that AJ & TWD should answer those...

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#357376 - 12/23/12 06:44 AM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: NoteBender]
NoteBender Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: NoteBender
Hi Henni,

Just wondered since you use the same thread most of the time if there is an SZ award for most viewed thread? lol whistle

My words were meant as a lighthearted comment, not that anything should change.

Edited by NoteBender (12/23/12 06:45 AM)

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online