SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#357418 - 12/23/12 12:10 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I simply feel that anything that has as many people selling it and getting something else as die-hard adherents doesn't really deserve the tag 'AWESOME' (let alone repeated 3 times capitalized and three exclamation marks wink ) and as someone that uses and loves something few players felt that good about frown I think I can speak freely here!

#357423 - 12/23/12 12:19 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell I don't like to admit it Diki but you are right, Awesome is not the correct word for the Audya, I never said it was and I cannot recollect Don or Bernie9 saying it was and I know at least two people who have sold their Audya, 3 including me, 4 with DonM, so the keep rate is pretty low. Not sure Skude said his was Awesome either, it took him 2 years to get it working properly.

Tony

AWESOME is not a word I would use about the ketron guys when things go wrong!!! Henni KB has not played up yet??
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357426 - 12/23/12 12:34 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Why are we squabbling over a word? It is Christmas time. That is awesome too, to me. Maybe not to everyone. I didn't describe the Audya as awesome but I don't care if Henni does. Why should anyone?
This man spends nearly every waking hour bringing God's message through his music, without thought of profit. I wish I had bis passion and dedication
DonM

#357434 - 12/23/12 12:58 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Why are we squabbling over a word? It is Christmas time. That is awesome too, to me. Maybe not to everyone. I didn't describe the Audya as awesome but I don't care if Henni does. Why should anyone?
This man spends nearly every waking hour bringing God's message through his music, without thought of profit. I wish I had bis passion and dedication
DonM

AMEN!!!

#357435 - 12/23/12 12:58 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: DonM]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Tx DonM,

As for Diki: I've read numerous posts where you indicate that you love to change samples & the deeper things that are grey to me. You really seem to also be into the deep end of tweaking arrangers.

If you could for a short period only experience the ease by which major things can be accomplished on the Audya for yourself, just maybe you'll understand a little better.

But alas, as I can remember you were one of the main ones bad mouthing the Audya right from birth. There were hardly a thing on it that you did not critisize. I often felt sorry for Ketron in the abuse they had to take from you... You never intended getting one, but you very quickly became the self exclaimed expert on everything it could & could not do and where it would & would not go.

Nothing has changed in the meantime. Your grudge with the Audya lies far deeper than technical issues alone.

Yes, I'm not as clever or musically wise talented as you and most probably never will be. But I've owned a few arrangers in my lifespan and to me the Audya REALLY, REALLY, REALLY is AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!

And Diki, I'm sorry for saying it like it is. I have nothing personal against you, but sometimes you say things that are just not called for. I really hurted before for some of the things you said about Ketron. They were not justified in the least and you KNOW it!!!

Keep wel my intelligent friend,

Henni

To all the rest, I did not for a moment belittle the product that you are using. Over here I only highlighted the things on the Audya that impressed me. Why do you keep on reading here if you feel so strongly against it. I have no intention of letting go of this topic and as long as Nigel allows, you'll have to endure. Some have purchased Audyas based on this info, so NOT everyone sees it in the same light. Read it or ignore it. But why keep on bashing mine if I did not bash yours? What are the REAL motives behind some of you?

#357444 - 12/23/12 01:40 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tony Hughes Offline

Henni,

Early one there were a number of serious problems with the Audya and getting answers from Ketron was really bad news, I eventually got mine on an even keel and then sold it on. Yours must be some well built bit of kit, it must get bumped around, heated up, dusty and it's still going strong, I hope you never have it go wrong on you, history of getting it fixed is bad, it's no joke.. you love it you keep playing it and keep us posted.

Have a nice Christmas both of you.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#357445 - 12/23/12 01:42 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: 124]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: 124
...How is the service setup in S.A., Henni?

At the moment there is none. I bought my Audya from a friend over here who bought it straight from Ketron. How many of you really ever needed technical assistance on your arrangers? I've owned roughly 11 arrangers throughout my lifespan & I've never needed anything done on it except for the restoration DVDs that TWD sent me.

On top of this, I am super impressed by services rendered to myself by TWD & AJ. I'm totally convinced that, should I ever be in a hot spot, one of these two gents will take good care of me.

Tx Tony, same to you and yours. I have faith in my Audya, & even if I should have to buy a new one for whatever reason, I'll do so without hesitation.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#357449 - 12/23/12 03:02 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Henni,

Early one there were a number of serious problems with the Audya and getting answers from Ketron was really bad news, I eventually got mine on an even keel and then sold it on. Yours must be some well built bit of kit, it must get bumped around, heated up, dusty and it's still going strong, I hope you never have it go wrong on you, history of getting it fixed is bad, it's no joke.. you love it you keep playing it and keep us posted.

Have a nice Christmas both of you.

Tony

I did offer many times to sort out the problems with your Audya but you never took me up on the offer sadly.

#357450 - 12/23/12 03:17 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

The general reliability of most electronics is pretty good these days. However, there's always a chance that something will go wrong and at such times it's good to have competent service at hand. Going by the majority of Audya owners on here, 'close at hand' is a bit of a non-starter. If things are going good with yours, Henni, that's great. I wish you continued good fortune, but living where I do, I think I'd stick with a brand that I can get good, efficient service in a hurry. I can't afford otherwise.

#357451 - 12/23/12 03:32 PM Re: Awesome at last!!! [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hardware problems on the Audya are virtually non existent, at least in the UK 99.9% of the time problems are either user error, settings or problems caused by hard drive mis-use. I can normally sort people out by email. Although we keep all the boards in stock, they are rarely called for. In 2012 I have had only two audya's in for repair. One on a keyboard where an engineer had left a screw sitting on the usb port connections after repairing some damage done by the customer to a switch top, the other is a pro user that had problems with an early Audya (long out of warranty) that we could not replicate in the workshop, so we swapped 100% of the internal parts to get him out of trouble (he just had to pay a small amount of labour).

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online