its an arranger forum. so why is nearly 90% of the stuff on this thread focused on personal attacks ? How about we agree between ourselves that if some one has caused offence whether innocently (as i believe Nick did) or deliberatly, that we simply email one another and have it out offline like normal people would rather than slag each other off publically ?

As far as the original thread is concerned, there is really no question that in terms of editiability and synth/true workstation like qualities , the PA series boards are well ahead of the competition. Even the daddy PA1X before OS3 had the possibility to use up to 4 oscilators at once , with each oscillator being able to be edited independently to the nth degree. Now post OS3 you can create upto 16 oscillators in one voice. The editing and creative possibilities are frightening. Yes it will eat polyphony like chocolate cake but imagine using the board like a true synth (not in arranger mode , playing multi textured pads and screaming leads !!!! None of the other arrangers have this synth like capability coupled with a true very useable sampler that can be used to layer new sampled sounds the onboard sounds and triggered by velocity swtiching. AS Squeak D said, all this can be done directly from the board without the use of additional software , just like a true synth.

This is a really important distinction for the zone readers that want an arranger but with true synthlike potential.

I think this is a worthwhile thread if we just stick to the subject matter.

Surely this is not even a matter for debate ....It was simply an opinion as this is also just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by spalding4 (edited 04-18-2007).]

[This message has been edited by spalding4 (edited 04-18-2007).]