Before we finish the "virtual" execution of Nick G, I have the following observations:

1) Both the Tyros2 and the PA800 (by virtue of it's similarity to it's predecessor) are pretty "dated" keyboards in terms or reviews (and demos).

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

I'm gonna have quite a few reviews to post after this weekend

Squeak

2) I'm not sure how effectively one can "review" something as complex as a modern arranger from just a couple of hours in a store (divided between several models). Me personally, I'm only interested in "reviews" from Sound-on-sound, Keyboard Magazine, George Kaye or Dan01, or a musically-sound and technically savvy OWNER who has spent considerable time with the instrument. If someone goes into a music store and is impressed by some feature on a keyboard, by all means post it, but let's not call it a review; that's a review of his or her (usually initial) IMPRESSION, not a review of the keyboard.

3. With all respect to Squeak, when you announce ahead of time that you will be gracing us, dullards that we are, with one of your insightful, in-depth, must-read, "the real truth revealed here for the first time", reviews (even though no one really requested it).....well, I can see how that might appear to some as arrogant.

I truly believe that Squeak has only the best of intentions but I can also understand where Nick is coming from. There are always two sides to a story. Sometimes more .

chas