Unfortunately, Gary, I don’t own a Roli or any MPE equipped controller yet. Roli went out of business and then got bought out, and current Seabord’s are only pre-paid made to order, and cost about $1400. A bit beyond my budget just to try out so I can make you a demo you will listen to!

This is why I posted the Marco Parisi stuff, who I consider the best Roli player I have yet heard. And I’ve heard some pretty bad ones, so just owning one is no magic bullet. Talent and skill is still needed, whether a Roli or a standard keyboard. Skill that eludes a LOT of players on YouTube demos. In fairness, Marco blows away even Cory Henry, who is a piano and organ virtuoso! So it definitely seems like one of those quirky controller things that some people get and others don’t. Marco definitely ‘gets it’… You may or may not like his playing style or choice of material, but there’s no denying the skill with which he coaxes a level of realism from saxes or guitar parts far beyond other more conventional keyboard users.

My playing schedule has kind of blown up lately, while my health has taken a step back (ain’t that always the case?!) so I have little time to record much, but I’ll try to get something to you in the future. But be careful… the paint might still be a bit wet! 😂🎹