The main reason I do NOT use backing tracks is that I, personally, feel that I do not have control of everything. I need to be able to string a song out when necessary, or shorten it. I want to be able to improvise that right hand melody, while at the same time mess with the volume of the additional left hand instrument, such as a choir or strings, plus kick in with some neat multipads when I feel I need just a little extra omph added to a song while I'm singing. I want the ability to go out into left field with any song that I perform, use different chords than the original, etc..., things that would stir the interest of various audiences and keep them actively involved. I really don't care if you play with a single finger or your toes, just as long as you select the correct chords and keep perfect time. Yep, I want to be in control of everything that takes place musically.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)