Diki, I'm not going to spar with you. I posted a video that everyone but you thought was interesting and educational and historical. But of course, as usual, you just couldn't resist making a simple video post something else. You seem obsessed with showing the rest of us what a superior intellect you are and of course, how you're never wrong about anything. Whatever the situation, no matter how innocent, you always seem to be able to make it into a controversy. I've never once ever heard you say, "you know what, maybe you're right", and frankly, I never expect to. For the person who always has to be right, humility is not their vocabulary. And, IN MY OPINION, this is precisely the type of personality who should NEVER be in charge of anything. We've seen how that turns out.

I think the unrelenting attack on the Ketron Event even before any detailed specifications had been released is a good example of creating controversy where none existed, and especially by someone who, by their own admission, had absolutely no intention of purchasing one. We suffered through a ten+ year crusade about the chord sequencer, and yet when they did appear on other manufacturer's boards with even better implementation than the Roland's, I have yet to see or hear anyone (at least in our group) use it. Much ado about nothing? or just a feature that was important to you but of limited interest to the rest of the arranger community.

Look, we all know you're a smart guy. You don't have to prove it in every post. It can get really annoying (at least to me). Hey, no hard feelings but you're not the only one with a working brain. I mean, we actually agree on most things (socially, politically, and musically), it's just how that knowledge/wisdom is imparted. I sincerely hope other members don't see this as a 'war' where they have to choose sides. Sadly, that seems to be the way things are these days. Hope that changes soon.

chas