I wonder which of us would be accused of being ‘incendiary’ if I said I thought what you posted was less entertaining than watching paint dry, Gary? Probably me, seeing as you seem to get a free pass for being insultingly dismissive of posted music…

The purpose of those Roli/SWAM examples is NOT to ‘entertain’, but to illustrate how sax and other real instrument emulation (which we all try to do on our arrangers) is getting rapidly way better than most arrangers can achieve. But can be done on an inexpensive iPad attached to our USB capable arrangers.

I guess, to a hammer, everything looks like a nail. To a singer/entertainer, perhaps music without lyrics is boring. But somehow, sax players (and guitarists, and trumpet players and basically any capable soloist) have built an entire field of music out of not telling a story with as blunt an instrument as words, but with expression and melody. And any tool that helps coax expression out of the percussive nature of the piano keyboard is anything but boring, at least to someone capable of playing it.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion about posted music. But don’t get offended if someone is as blunt to your choice. Not that I’m against your taste at all, it’s just that mine is perhaps a bit wider. And I still continue to post in the hope that some of this stuff will inspire those still capable of change to explore equipment and techniques to widen their possibilities of musical expression…