Ron, back when I used to use a mixer, I had it Velcro'd to my console, therefore, it remained plugged in all the time. No change in setup time at all.

The big advantage of my custom console was that it provided me with a multitude of optional devices without adding to my setup time, which was just 7 minutes at most. I constructed a half dozen or more of the consoles for folks on this, and other forums and with few exceptions, they're all still in use. Everything fit on my R-10 cart, one trip in and out. And, by setting up a second tier on the R&R Cart it provided me with a neat, efficient, setup platform. Several members have utilized my second tier design for their carts and for the most part it works out very, very well for them.

Inside the console is a large, surge protector with a ground fault indicator light, my TC Helicon Harmony-M, the power supplies for my netbook PC, the TC Hellicon, the Keyboard and LED light strips. I mounted an LED light strip on the front of the console, which serves as a light for my sign, which I printed using print shop's Banner Printer program. The sign is beneath a layer of lexan to protect it from wear. The light shines down on the sign and does a fantastic job of lighting the sign, but the light doesn't shine in the audience's eyes. Another strip light is mounted on the back of the console, which lights the top of the keyboard so it can easily be seen in dimly lit conditions, restaurants, nite clubs, outdoor jobs at night, etc... My netbook PC is mounted atop the console and is centered, but that 9 inch screen is just perfect for reading the lyrics when I cannot remember them, and can also be used for Van Basco's MIDI/Karaoke player if you need to use a MIDI file, or play MP3s for breaks. My mic cable remains attached to the TC Helicon and coiled up when transported. Same for the foot pedal that is used to trigger the Harmony-M. Also, there is a 15-foot, heavy duty extension cord connecting the surge protector, coiled up and velcro'd in place for transport. All cables are held in place with Velcro. It weighs 23 pounds.

There was a time when I was doing two to three jobs every day, therefore, fast and efficient was the only way I could keep going at that pace. Ironically, unless I picked up a nite club, restaurant or private party job, I had most weekends off for sailing and fishing, which was great. Now, I have every day off for sailing or fishing, when the weather cooperates. smile smile smile

If you would like the plans for the console, you can find it at PSR Tutorial . The console is in the green duffel bag on the bottom shelf of the R&R Cart.

The second tier of the cart is made of 1-inch box aluminum and held in place with 1/4-inch detent pins purchased at Home Depot. I purchased the box aluminum from a local welding shop because Home Depot didn't have the right length.

In the attached video, you can see by the timer that from the time I parked the car until I was performing the first song was just 11 minutes. Not bad for an old, slow-moving 75 year old. My daughter shot the vid with an inexpensive camcorder.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

Attachments
Saxons 2015.jpg

DSC00025-2.jpg

RockNRoller.jpg

Edited by travlin'easy (09/27/17 01:43 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)