Originally Posted By shueymusic
It would be nice to have a line of Yamaha Genos... 61/76/88... all with a slim lined body form.

We will soon witness the marriage of Workstation and Arranger. The workstation had the sounds, effects, and sequencing. An arranger had top notch sounds, preset effects, and styles. I remember using my Tyros 2 in a pit orchestra for Les Misrables. I used user sound banks for my changes. I used a total of 16 sounds and it worked like a charm. At the time, it worked better than my Motif ES. Then later, I played keys in The Rocky Horror Show and the Motif ES was better for that gig. I've done 9 productions and used the same sound set each time.

I want to give my money to Yamaha... I want the Genos to be what I am missing. BUT they need to cover all the bases to make me jump from my Korg Pa4X!!

Hard to tell, the pa4x is an incredible machine...and combined with the Kronos and my Mac, it really doesnt allow for much to wish for... except an all in one package with 88 keys..

I dont think i will jump the Yamaha bandwagon, unless they did revolutionise the styles and multipads section..

http://keyszone.boards.net