Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974
Originally Posted By frankieve
sounds like there is a lot of people overreacting to something they don't know much about. If Yamaha has decided, which they should, to bring in more modern elements into the Genos, it would be a very smart move on their part, remember, if you go back 10-20-30 years etc, people would be saying, if you guys bring that crazy rock music in we are going to be ruined, those long hair Beatles or that crazy hip-shaking Elvis, or that foul mouth Johnny Cash.

Just because Yamaha likes to highlight the new stuff, doesn't mean they neglected or took out the old stuff. For all you know, they re-worked all the styles and added specific sounds to highlight those styles.

Yamaha has to move forward and embrace new music and new technology, name me one company that has stayed in the past and has flourished? Even companies that seem that way have secretly modernized, it's human nature. Even if you are playing rehab centers or retirement homes, let's say they median age is 80-90 years old, guess what, 10- years from now, the 70-80-year-olds will be there, and 20 years from now, the 60-70, and so on.

So, unfortunately, things will progress and change, you can either try to fight it and you will not win, or embrace it, and slowly change with it.

I am looking forward to Yamaha showing us what they can do. I gig with a Tyros 5, and can pretty much 95% say i will be with a Genos without even hearing it.

I absolutely agree with you Frank..
I think yamaha brings, really, a revolutionary Arranger/Workstation Keyboard...
We waiting at to 2nd October more information...