Originally Posted By Tyrosman5
I want to add a comment to my above message and that is this.
Arranger keyboards were meant to be easier to play and to enjoy.
Take that away and the bulk of older people who buy and can
afford these boards will go bye bye. Lloyd

While i do understand you, at your age, this is exactly the cruxus Yamaha has been wrestling with in the Tyros rangĂȘ...

They need to innovate, to stay on top of the market.. but could not change the interface and functionallity to much or they would loose some of their major buyers.. people like you at age, that only want more of the same just better and newer..

When you however look at the Montage and CVP709 series, they show definatley what the addition of a touchscreen can add when it comes to keeping the top interface easy and understandable...for those that want "snorckling" and just playing their instruments..
However a touchscreen also allows for "deep diving" and edditing in underlaying menu's

If i am correct, i think this is the way the Genos will move. Big advantage of the deep diving, is that other users can more easilly create their own stuff and share it with the community, so everyone will directly or indirectly profit from these changes..

What i exect is a cross between tyros5, and motif (6 knobs) but with an idiot proof upper layer of the interface...

For you this would mean, you could go on from what you know and use all your previous tools.. they should be easy to find and opperate, and slowly taste the new stuff in your own tempo....

Anything else would be suicide from Yamaha, despite how much people like me would love to see that..

http://keyszone.boards.net