It would be the perfect outlet for Gary. I am the beneficiary of many phone calls back and forth with Gary. I even called him from a job once when I had a glitch I couldn't figure out. As a result of learning so much about the Yamaha OS I was asked by three people who had purchased different Yammies if I could teach them how to navigate the OS. I told them I couldn't teach them to play, but if they already knew chord patterns, played by ear or could read, I could help them learn the OS and put it all together to play songs using styles, registrations, and the basic features they needed to make music. One had a PSR 3000, another on an S950. Both got the hang of it and have been enjoying their keyboards.

A third candidate was not successful. She was a real (and very accomplished) pianist but could not get the concept of holding chords in the left hand to guide the styles. She was very good at playing Stride Piano and just couldn't get the hang of an arranger.

I can't imagine trying to teach multiple students simultaneously as in a workshop....but one-on-one has proven very successful with my two very dedicated students (both over 65). I limited each lesson to 1-hour and concentrated on just 1, sometimes 2 features. Any more than that seemed to cause confusion. It takes patience and a lot of repetition but its very rewarding to watch their progress and the joy they get from their instruments. Oh....and I made a few bucks doing it.

Eddie

PS....Over the years I have had help from a number of SZ members....DonM, DNJ most notably.