A generalized course in the use of an arranger keyboard would likely be the most difficult course I could imagine teaching, and I was an instructor of Cardio-Pulmonary Medicine. Teaching someone how the heart, lungs and circulatory system functions is fairly easy when compared to teaching the ins and outs of an arranger keyboard's operating system and how each and every function works.

Then they must have the ability to play, which is quite subjective in itself. And, if they have mastered the ability to play, lets say a piano, next thing is learning how to emulate all the other instruments with some degree of proficiency. WOW! Now we're into many years of learning, and most folks really don't want to spend that much time learning how to please their spouses, let alone learn to play an arranger keyboard.

Over the years, I've always made it a point to learn as much about my keyboards as humanly possible, at least from a technical standpoint. This has been immensely beneficial during my time as an OMB entertainer, it has provided me with the ability to seamlessly flow from song to song, and not experience all the hiccups others using the same device tend to stumble upon. I have tried to impart that knowledge to them on this and other forums, and to some degree I have been successful.

Good topic, Chas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)