Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Sorry about the migraine. Tony, but gettin' old ain't fer wimps and sissies. wink I should know--that's why I cut back on my performance schedule, which until last year was about the same as Bill's.

I also know about the big guns, Tony. I was a first loader on a 3-inch 50 caliber dual mount while serving aboard the USS Newport News (CA-148). My mount (gun emplacement) was directly above a 5-inch 38, and adjacent to an 8-inch, three-gun turret. Back in the late 1950s the US Navy didn't issue hearing protectors, the results of which were pretty severe during the ensuing years.

My biggest fear is loosing my eyesight, which has deteriorated dramatically over the past two decades, mainly from cataracts. Hopefully, this will be corrected in January when I'm scheduled for lens replacements in both eyes.

Sorry about the rant in red guys--I'll try another color that's easier on the eyes when I have my next meltdown. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Gary,

Sorry to hear about the eyes, the operation is simple now, another day at the office for the surgeons,
you will be OK, you must have some hearing damage with those big guns, I have posted that hearing test site and not one person has come back with their results of the test. It takes about 2 mins to complete. We will be all thing about you in Jan, New Year new sight it will be good Gary. A new lease of life for you, good luck Gary.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey