Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: montunoman
These rants over stereo vs. mono and phase canceling and such are all a very distant second to the art of entertainment. When a performer puts on a good show, with class and humility the crowd will respond in kind. With a full dance floor, the only "right" decision is what to play next. No one ever requested me to "play more midrange, please" LOL

smile

well put Tio David:)

How would they, they wouldn't know what mid range was , but you would, Mont you could even play midi files and pretend you are really playing the KB, how would they know that also. Mont, it’s what we perceive as sounding good, after all we are supposed to be the experts and getting the best sounds out of what we have ie. KB. It’s no big deal Mont, I just tried to say what it’s like in the UK, no one in the UK would ever get on a stage in the UK with a KB without a set of speakers i.e. left and right hand, be it and NHS home or whatever, guitar player yes one speaker, but not a KB, hell there are two outlets on the back of any KB L/R and on the Tyros 4 there’s about 10 outlets, I am off out now Mont to buy another 8 more speakers and a shed load of cables - see you Mont. wave

Regards

Tony [/quote]

Hi Tony- don't get me wrong- I believe you should get the best gear you can afford, and yes stereo sounds better than mono. I just saw a fellow do wonders with a Yamaha E423, and a simple speaker. He has a fantatic voice, very good keyboard skills, and good people/entertaining skills too. Would a Tyros 4 and 2 Bose L1 make him sound better? Of course. But put a keyboardist with a low skill level behind the most expensive rig and the results aren't pleasing.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache