I recently sold my PA800 (along with a few extra pieces of gear) in anticipation of something new in the near future. Since the near future isn't near enough - I needed something for the interim, so I went back to the psr s-910. here's a short summary of the changes that have taken place in my rig, my performance and my attitude since then. (it's been 3 weeks or so)

First:
The audio power of the Korg allowed me to use it as a stand alone speaker system at many places, but the Yamaha is much, much less powerful, so there are fewer places that I can use it as the only sound source ... even small cocktail parties are a struggle. I miss the powerful monitoring in my face.

Second: of course, the voice processor is no contest, so I had to upgrade to an outboard piece (TC voicelive touch) In some ways, this has become a surprise - almost an upgrade from the onboard unit in the PA800 - more flexibility, fun with the looper and a smoother sound. Better treatment of the single harmony above the lead.

I'v posted a few pix to show the layout I'm using. I sometimes need my laptop for DJ trax, so I have a custom rack that hold both the TC and the Laptop. For most of my summer work, I don't need the computer, so I use a simple mounting stick that fellow member Ron Glass made me years ago.

I'll post more later, but for now - the Yamaha has given me an interim tool till something comes out that I want, and I enjoy using the bread and butter, generic styles for a host of tunes that were not as readily accessible on the Korg.

Stay tuned ...

Attachments
closeup.jpg

fullview.jpg