Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Also the speakers have no mid range, how does that work. Appears to me that you are playing background music perhaps your just about keeping pace with the background talking of your audience. You need to blast them away Gary get some power up there, make then listen.

Tony, I can't quite agree that the Bose have "no mid-range", but I will concede that the mid-range is very weak.

Ian

Ian,

Is this another way of saying there is no middle range, shall I get the freq data sheet and see?

Tony, there is a mid-range, but it is weak.

However, when used as intended, with a vocalist/guitar player, the lack of mids isn't much of an issue, as vocals and guitars are strong in the mid-range and make up for it.

That's why the ads show the system being used by a single performer. When used in a group situation, you will see that each band member has his (or her) own Bose system. That clearly indicates to me that one is not meant as an overall "band" PA system.

An arranger needs a speaker system with far broader frequency response because it is reproducing many frequencies (it is an entire "band") all at once, as opposed to just a certain range.

As I said earlier, Tony, there are some who are very content with a single system it as it sounds...I was not...it was one-dimensional, and weak in the mid-range, and therefore not acceptable.

I found that two did the job, and overcame the above issues, but again, they are expensive.

Ian