Interesting discussion...

As a user of a single L1, with my T2 I hear a different sort of feedback from my clients.

First let me say that several times this year I've run everything through a stereo system with two 15's up on poles and yes, it was heaven. To be swaddled in such a soft, cozy bed of musical delight is awesome. How much or how far away that effect reached my audience, is up for debate.

I survey my clients several times a year on my services, including the quality of how I sound. I hear two things consistently.

1) The Bose L1 system sounds incredible...

2) I've got the cleanest, most powerful sound of anyone who comes around...

I know for a fact there are other acts in my area who use stereo systems, so I'm curious why that doesn't elevate them above my basic sound quality? It could be a number of things including how the system is EQ-ed, how the instruments, especially keyboards are EQ-ed, the quality of the stereo system itself, playing ability, etc. I'm also told I'm by far the loudest performer with my volume, but haven't been told to turn it down in a long time.

I miss the gorgeous stereo panning when I use the L1, but to me, its a different kind of good. When I asked the clients directly would they prefer I bring in a stereo PA, they usually say something like "Whatever it is your doing now sounds awesome, why change?" If I could get the same quality out of a pair of 10's I might consider going back, but I've never heard 10's that I liked very much.

I'm with everyone who feels stereo is the way to go, but I maintain a mono system properly set up, with instruments properly set up, can sound very, very good. I know there's a big difference to my ears, but for the most part, the difference may stop there.