Cap Russ & Rikki:
Great to learn both of you are parrot enthusiast owners too. cool
I realize this may be OT, but it would be really cool if you guys would post a pic of your birdies (Sophie & Charlie) too.

In an attempt to relate this to music, Alexander not only talks well and whistles when I play my Tyros 4, but he also is an accomplished dancer as well, rhythmically bobbing 'in time' 'to my Tyros 4 playing and singing. He's even got those syncopated rhythmic moves down. cool

Originally Posted By: captain Russ

The family had several young children and had purchased a puppy after they got Sophie, which was really hyper.
That made the bird really nervous and she started to pull out her feathers.

Yes, the African Grey Parrot, because they are so highly intelligent (intelligence level of a 5 year old child),
are extremely sensitive as well,
and because of this, prone to pulling out their feathers if distressed.
Luckily for me, Alexander has never plucked his feathers in all of his 27 young years, and reamins well adjusted and happy. smile

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Scott,
luv the backpack. Never seen one before.
I'm a bit of a bird nut , my little cockateil (Charlie), 8 years old, travels with us , except I only have a cage.

Here's a link to the Pak O' Bird carrier I got for Alexander. He really looks forward to his outings and readily hops in anticipating another fun adventure riding around in it.
Rikki, Just in case you're interested, here's a link to the Celltei Website that produces the Pak O' Bird carrier. I recommend the 'small' size especially designed for your smaller Cockatiel Charlie. cool