Hello Happy People,

Sadly I have to keep posting in this almost disasterous thread, to explain the aims, objectives and content of my web site, which appears to create some amount of negativity in a few readers minds who seem to be incapable of absorbing or understanding the written word, or post without facts easily obtained.

duel

For those, I will go into some depth, and type very slowly, so that they can assimilate and understand what I am saying !

I too am a retired 'Old Fart' and am 76 tomorrow !! clap

However, with a positive and lively single remaining braincell to keep actively engaged, I have many hobbies ... I am , and have been since 1956, a Licenced Radio Amateur (Americans call them 'Hams'), and besides operating my radio station, I also own a very busy UK Radio Amateur Radio Forum with almost 2000 members, and posts of over 200 every month.

I have bred and shown German Shepherd Dogs since I was born, following in the footsteps of my late Mother who was the top UK Breeder, and Show Judge from the early 1930's. I still keep two dogs, and occasionally successfuly exhibit them throughout Europe. I own a German Shepherd Breeders Forum which is comparitively quiet, with only 227 members, and averaging about 80 posts a month, and has been running since 2001. Needless to say, I will be making my annual pilgimage to 'Crufts' Dog Show (The largest in the world), this coming Friday !!

Please folks, don't attempt to belittle my attempts to start yet another Forum/resource site with negativity. I have been there for over 10 years, and have the scars to prove it !!

I have many other interests and hobbies that keep my one remaining braincell very active, Including teaching my American wife, English !! Twelve years in England now, and I can see some signs of progress !! bounce

I still have time on my hands to persue other interests, and have spent 1000's of hours tracing my Ancestry back to AD 630 !!
See .... A N C E S T R Y

(Later Edit !!!) - Oooops! -I forgot to mention, I also play keyboards, even though I retired when I was 70! I play for two old folks homes every month, free of charge (most of 'em are younger than me!), and also every year including this one - in the local ASDA (Walmart)foyer for Comic Relief Charity, plus occasional dances in my local community hall.

Yes! Its my old Tyros One !!!

So please guys, don't tell me you are too old to do anything more - If you have the drive and initiative - anything is possible !! - Use it or lose it, before you are old !!

The 'Technics Keyboard Forum' is unique - in that it (in separate sections) it supports ALL TECHNICS MODELS The current excellent sites like my good friend Bill Norrie's Pages - cater only for the KN7000. Bill is a personal friend, and we have many mutual interests and past experiences, besides our music - and we correspond almost daily. So there is certainly no competetive intent, and in fact, Bill is a member of my site! So thats another dead argument!

Sorry to 'rattle on' but I hope to end this thread with some objectivity, positivity and optimism.

Every week on Ebay, there are over 20 sales in just in UK of Technics Keyboards - That is 20 new owners, and twenty people needing help, possibly double that worldwide?. There is on average just one of these sales that is a KN7000. It therefore logically follows that there is a definate requirement for help, articles, written experiences, etc, for Technics Boards other than the existing excellent sites, such as this one, KN7000.net, and Willums Pages. The other 'red herrings' tossed into the pot are not dedicated Technics Forums, and do not carry specific model information, knowledeable assistance from users, etc on older models displayed in an easily followed format.

Several also once excellent 'Resource' sites are now neglected and abandoned by their owners, and slowly disintegrating into Cyber Debris - such as Gunnar Jonny's site and Cees's Keso Cafe.. A lot of what was on those sites has been saved and incorporated into the new Forum before all that valuable matter is lost for ever.

Perhaps the attitude of Nigel (who has posted above) might be the proper and enlightened way to go, rather than looking for 'Why you can't', when a more helpful and kind attitude would be 'Why we can', and join the site, to give a little of your time to contributing help to others by posting instructional articles, for example.

I have been helped over my lifetime as a professional performer by many people for whom I have held respect and admiration - Its 'Payback Time' !!

I think I should perhaps write a book, looking back on this post! So I hope my time is not wasted !!

No animosity or bad feeling intended, just a desire for facts!

Kind thoughts to all,

John