Originally Posted By: Audrey Turner
'I agree with Elizabeth, we do not need another site'.

'I would hate to see it become yet another 'chat show' so by all means run your own site, but please! leave this very popular, much loved and long established Forum alone'.

Audrey

Hello Audrey,

May I quote you on your last post, as I am somewhat confused!!

' we do not need another site'.

May I respectfully ask - Who are 'we' ? ...
Most of the contributing posters on this Technics forum, are in fact members of the Forum I run, so can I assume therefore you are using the Royal 'We', meaning yourself ?
Or are you a leader or spokesperson for a number of members ?

If you took the time to get some facts, you would realise that it is not a Forum as such, but a repository for programs, music, useful articles, and resources for ALL Technics keyboards and Organs, each with its own section. It does not compare with this, or any other site. The nearest to it on the Internet is Cees's Keso Cafe, which is now sadly defunct, and I am trying to replace, as it was perhaps one of the best resource sites on the internet for Technics, albeit, mainly for the KN7000 as is that great resource Bill Norrie's 'Willums Pages'.
My site is for all Models. ..

The Forum is not new. It has been open for almost a year!

'I would hate to see it become yet another 'chat show'
Definition of a Forum ' 'A meeting place for discussion and social discourse' - Is this a 'Forum'? - If it is, then I am sure that one is allowed to 'chat' with other like minded people, without offending you!

'please! leave this very popular, much loved and long established Forum alone'. Why Audrey? What has anyone done to this Forum?
Who needs to leave it alone?
Am I to assume you mean me? Are you telling me not to post?
If so, please tell me what I have done or said to offend you, and the other couple of posters who seem to be intent upon attacking me, and belittling my attempts to replace several Technics resource sites that have fallen by the wayside.?

Our 'Leader' you quote above - Nigel, has welcomed me into the fold, as well as saying the Forum is welcome too, and in fact placed a link to it on the link page.

I do agree however that Nigel does do sterling work, as does anyone running a busy forum - We do it purely to hold out a helping hand to others, with no recompense other than gratitude from those we assist.

I am sad that just the odd one or two members seem to want to contribute negativity, rather than the usual (in this forum) positive attitude.

Can we all please let this matter rest, and get on with what we all do best, and play some sweet music, this thread is becoming a boring and long playing repetitious gramophone record, which just a few members seem to want to keep turning.

John