Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Here is another site of free soundfonts: http://www.hammersound.net/

The best way to use OMB or Live - Styler is to use VST Host software as indicated in above noted posts:

Install and Load OMB or LS
Install & Load Host software (forte, console, etc.)
Load VST (sfz, synthfont, etc.)
Load soundfonts within the VST.
Connect OMB or LS to host via Midi Yoke or Maple virtual cables).
Setup the midi ports & channels for Style and lead voices.
Connect your controller keyboard via soundcard to Host.
Load style in OMB & LS and play

Frank,

I wanted to thank you for this info, but it doesn't sink in for me. My wife who is good at computer related things won't even look at the soft arranger stuff anymore and told me I ought to chuck it.

I'd rather try it a bit though and see if there is a future for me.

I wonder if someone could possibly walk me through setting up OMB with the free stuff listed on Jos's site or something like that. I would really like to try OMB with Hypercanvas and also soundfonts.

If there is something in OMB help file or directions that would be better than the tutorial I'd be happy to look it up myself and try again. But right now there are too many new terms etc that strikes me like the cartoon about what a dog hears when it's master is talking...."blah, blah, blah, Rover, blah, blah, blah,Rover, blah, blah."haha

I think I will delete all the OMB associated stuff I have downloaded and start over. I obviously have something set wrong if it's giving me a midi feedback error and I understand I can crash the computer with that.

Well, that's where I'm at. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. Thanx for the patience to listen to this

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-01-2006).]