Well, I hope Michael IS still reading, and this discussion (sans pissing wars) is helping him.

My suggestion is...... a G-70 (!)

Now I'll tell you why.

Yes on principal I'm loathe to agree with Fran about the G-70 (purely because he believes it is a keyboard capable of achieving everything from curing the problem of world hunger to winning the impending U.S. election)

BUT

it IS a machine that I think would help Michael bearing in mind he is (I assume) an old school player who wants to use Swing/Jazz/Latin Arranger styles in a user friendly manner. With makeup tools and an easy to use O.S. I think it would suit him - 76 keys is a necessity (IMO) in this situation too.

As for the Korg, I think it is a deeper machine (read : takes more time to fully take advantage of it's power AND is very much a programmers machine - a la a workstation) and I believe Michael just wants something that sounds good OOTB and is easy to use - again OOTB.

(Korg users please don't get me wrong, if you all remember, I currently use a PA1x Pro-Elite (with expanded memory and MP3 option) and for what I use it for (ALL genres from 40's to Top-40, MP3 playback and user sampling) it suits me fine - MORE than fine.

Piano wise, I've got some absolutely knockout Pianos (I have about 4 "go-to" sounds) that were available for free on Korg related websites, and I've tweaked the factory piano sounds.
So samples & sampling have been VERY useful to me for many reasons, but I believe for Michael's purposes, it's not necessary.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au