Originally posted by Diki:
Quote:
if the arranger works completely glitch free during data transfer with USB1, what's the point of USB2?

The point is: "faster data transfer" vs. USB 1.1 Diki. I'll take glitch free USB 2.0 data transfer any day of the week over glitch free USB 1.1.

USB 1.1 tops out at 1.5MB/sec transfer rate whereas USB 2.0 tops out at 60MB/sec - i.e. 12Mb/sec USB 1.1 vs. 480 Mb/sec. USB 2.0

>> When you get your hands on an Arranger or Workstation that has USB 2.0 and start working with it you'll be thankful you have it. It's almost the same scenario as Dial-up vs. Broadband. Once you "taste" it you'll never know how you ever did without it.

Hey, I'm not really dissing the G70 you guys. I know it's your two's pride and joy and I'm happy for you. I am just pointing out some slight "drawbacks" of the G70, that's all. Roland's new Fantom G workstation OTOH, which I own, DOES have USB 2.0, as well as my Roland Sonic Cell. When Fran is telling Michael "mis-information" I felt I needed to correct him on it, even though he is apparently still trying to stick to his 'empty' revolvers. What am I going to do with you Fran...

Maybe he modified (read: jury rigged) his G70 and put in a USB 2.0 interface I dunno. I doubt that would be possible though, especially for Fran. Oops! Sorry Fran... But to go on and believe a lie doesn't do him or Michael any good. I'm not necessarily doing it for Fran's sake either as much as it is for Michael's sake. I didn't want him buying a G70 and later finding out that Fran gave him some "mis-information" and his G70 really "doesn't" have USB 2.0, which it DOESN'T. I repeat: DOES NOT have USB 2.0. Okay?? So in that respect the G70 is, shall I say, slightly "behind the times"? Instead of "obsolete" if it makes you feel better.

Best,
Mike