Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Quote:
Oh, and for the record..The G70 has the USB 2.0 covered..as well as an excellent USB midi operation too..maybe the best of the rest.

I don't know what you're smoking there Fran but the G-70 does NOT have USB 2.0. It has USB 1.1. So when one considers USB 1.1 as an obsolete USB specification in today's world (me and 99.9999999999999% of the rest of us anyway) then one could consider the G-70 obsolete on that instance alone. Michael also wanted in his "all-in-one" other things on today's workstations like a Sampler I would assume, and something the G70 doesn't have either.

Now before you get your bowels in an uproar Fran.. I did suggest that Michael might want to consider the G70 for its low price and the keybed action but also some of the other features too such as physical drawbars and a big LCD, amongst others.

Psst! I actually have played the G70 Fran and I told you way back that I didn't really like the sounds or styles very much. That's just me though. Oh, and there are a few others I could mention that didn't care for it either. I won't mention names though.

Best,
Mike