Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Just do me ONE favor... explain any use of your arranger that needs data transfer at faster than a tiny fraction of one second...

Your point is well taken when concerning the G70 Diki. Since the G70 doesn't have a Sampler and can't load anything other than .mid, .sty, and .txt, USB 1.1 is suitable no doubt for the G70.

But Michael, OTOH, wanted a solution where he would have workstation features either integrated into the arranger or a separate solution of two keyboards. He obviously would be paying much more money for a two keyboard solution therefore I was encouraging him to go for the one keyboard integrated solution. An integrated solution such as the Korg Pa2xPRO has USB 2.0 and a Sampler and, of course, can import .wav, .aiff, and akai if I'm not mistaken. Therefore USB 2.0 would be an "essential" and necessary component because the loading of large .wav files for example.

I think all totl arrangers, from this point on, will incorporate USB 2.0 into them and therefore I was also encouraging Michael to get something technologically current. Also, the G70 is no longer being supported by Roland in the way of OS updates correct? Soon they will be releasing their next totl arranger as well, and it absolutely WILL have USB 2.0 and also either a full fledged Sampler, in my opinion, or at the very least a Sample 'player'. Whether it has 76 keys though is anyone's guess.

But you are right Diki as far as the G70's lack of USB 2.0 in that you can't load anything large enough for the G-70's USB 1.1 to be a hinderance per se. But then again it's lack of a Sampler would further exclude it as an "all-in-one" solution, and that's the reason I was basically steering Michael away from it. But like I said in my previous post he may want to consider it in a "two" keyboard solution as a separate arranger for its low price (used) and nice keybed action.

OTOH, why would he really.. when the Korg PA2XPRO is an "integrated" solution, has 76 keys, has USB 2.0, has a Sampler, has a great action keybed, and is priced lower than, for instance, the new Yamaha 61 key Tyros3? Oh, and it weighs less than the G-70 too.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-21-2008).]