I completely agree (there... it happens!).

The IDEA of the MS is absolutely wonderful. I have been waiting for years for this exact kind of product... BUT... it's execution as an arranger is just too much 'roll your own' for me. Sure, I love to try new things, edit styles, even create a bit. But I like a library of already well executed stuff as an inspiration, a source of 'pieces parts' to assemble new styles out of (probably what more people that CLAIM they make their own styles actually do), a sound set already at the top of it's game, with only areas of my personal interest to fill in.

From all the factory demos, I have to sadly conclude that it would take me a considerable amount of time, skill, and money just to get it to equal what I already have. And THEN I would have to work even harder to get it to surpass it!

So, while I LOVE the idea of the MS, so far I have to pass, because theory and practice don't coincide. I am a ONE keyboard live player (live, and in the studio, I already have enough VSTi's), so that one has to be better than what I have before it becomes a necessity. The MS is better in some areas than my G70. But in many, practical areas, it lags way behind. So, I wait, and wait, and wait

Sooner or later, somebody will make an MS-type product that starts out as a great TOTL arranger. And I can take it to the next level at my own pace.

I can wait...