Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Chas, when I think of you..I don't think of white, black, red or green...or Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, ..atheists....

I only picture an "arrogant, old man"...

I'm not arrogant....... .

Actually when you think of me, it's ok to think green ($$$ and conservation) and Atheist (I don't dislike anyone........except 'true believers').

On my one encounter with grits, there was a disgusting-looking skim that had formed on the top and now, just the mention of them makes me nauseous.

Actually, Fran, just conversing with you makes me nostalgic and homesick. Sometimes, I will have to share with you some stories about gigs we did in certain 'ethnic' clubs in South Philly back in the day. They were usually booked by our drummer, Al Martino, a second cousin of the 'real' Al Martino. Our guitarist was 'Boogaloo' Joe Jones, a fine funk/jazz guitarist who should have made it much further than he did. We did okay but found it prudent to add a few Sinatra tunes to our playlist. One memorable gig: finished the gig at 2:00am, finished loading up by 2:30am, bar demolished by a bomb @ 4:00am. We relieved Al of his booking duties.

Ciao,

chas